EM2 lowering?

Matt.radich

5+ Year Member
So then as flipskater said, he has the rokkers, but they don't have a set for the em2. Is there another relatively cheap brand out there that makes coils and/or shocks an coil sleeves?

Also, about how much would it cost to get coils installed?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The coilover sleeves that I see most people go with are by Skunk2.

http://www.customcarscentral.com/skr517051710-honda-civic--01-05-.html

I'm not sure which struts most people tend to pair them with.

I've personally never used or known anyone who used Rokkors, so I can't tell you too much more on that brand.

Install is going to be expensive. If I were you, I would consider making it into a learning experience and finding a good write up / how-to / diy article to do it yourself. You'll save a lot of money, and you can learn some more about your car in the process.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend you hit up some of the local meets and start making friends. You'll start making connections and meeting people who know how to do all of this stuff. You'll be able to learn from them and get their help in doing the actual job.

Last edited:

Matt.radich

5+ Year Member
I'm going to assume that buyin used shocks and struts is a bad idea right?

Would it just be a safe bet to just buy a new setup?

kid2006

u just got your car, how would u know what love is? u gotta go through tons of closes calls to understand, lol.

FlipSkater079

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm fairly certain that EP3 coils do not fit the EM2
They fit, I'm running them currently hah. Also there are a decent amount of people who run rokkor/raceland coils, you get what you pay for but I really like my setup actually.

Also Joe is right on installing the coils yourself, I haven't done s**t with a car really but me and my dad found a very good DIY on how to install springs (same process as coils) and we were able to do it. I really enjoyed working on my car and learning a little bit about it.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^I appreciate the correction - good to know.

Matt - used parts are usually a little sketch, especially in the case of springs / struts. It can be difficult to gauge how much they've been beaten up / how much life they have left. I would personally never buy used springs or struts unless they were near free.

Matt.radich

5+ Year Member
Ok so no to use parts, figured haha.

But i am leaning towards the setup that flipskater is using. I just want to get something for now just to help with the handling and the way it sits.

And does anyone know of a good DIY thread on coil install? I am planning to do this after winter is over( Colorado just dumped on us, so no lowering for a while… bummer)