EmissionCode P1457 HELP

98WhtCivic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Whats up C.C, a few days ago i installed a "RearSection Exhaust" on my 98 civic ex.... drove for 2-3 days on the 3rd day the "check engine light" comes on...i look up the code and i get P1457 (Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected(Control Canister System) Does that mean i have a leak on the Rear Section of the exhaust where it connects??? Tighten the Nuts so leak goes away??? im not too sure about this Code...Can Some please help me????
thanks

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so was it just the muffler section or what? i removed my muffler section and had it off for months. it never affected my 99 EX. did you unplug an o2 sensor?

j025

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, check the little black box located to the right and just below the battery. You have one connector, and two hoses. See if they are all attached and free of tears and holes. Then to porperly reset your CPU, pop the hood. Then find the fuse panel next to the battery. Pull the fuse that says "back up." Count to 10, then reinstall. See if your light comes back on. If it does, check you o2 sensors and do the fuse thing again.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude this was from back in march!!!!!!