Encountering 1st problem on my 7th gen..

civic03

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Now.. it's been raining for almost a month.. hate this weather.. especially in southern cali..
i dunno if it's been so humid or what not.. but under the hood, i've been getting some metal screeching noise (not so loud, but able to hear). Funnier thing is... i don't get this noise when i'm in 1st, 3rd, 5th gear.. only when i'm in 2nd and 4th gear (4th especially loud). i'm guessing something wrong with my gears? or is this something that might go away once the weather dries up? Anyone had this kinda problem before?

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Take it in to Honda if its under warranty.

civic03

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[civic] said:
Take it in to Honda if its under warranty.
i hope it's under warranty :???: When does the warranty wear off? isn't like somthing like 25000 miles?

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Should be: 36,000 Miles or 3 years. That should be the standard warranty unless you purchased any additional.

civic03

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
[civic] said:
Should be: 36,000 Miles or 3 years. That should be the standard warranty unless you purchased any additional.
aiight thx.. guess i'll go get it checked this weekend if the problem percists..

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Some people have posted this problem before about the sound/screech coming from the transmission. Dont know the resolution, but to take it to honda.

Blue2k2

Expect the Unexpected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya...if u still have warrenty, which it sounds like u do....take it over there and they will figure it out

civic03

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
would aem cai avoid my warranty? dun wanna take my car in.. then having to find out i have to pay whole buncha $$..

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It shouldnt. Honda dealerships carry and sell their products here, so it shouldnt be a problem. You can put it to stock if you want to be super safe.

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my tranny made noise metal on metal when it was rainy cold it went away eventually...

jttegx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take off any mods before taking your car into honda. once they see the cai or any performance mod (engine/suspension/tranny) they WILL void the warranty. but you can take legal action by reading here first: http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

so save yourself the bs and replace all stock parts back in before taking the car in for repair/check ups. theirs a member off 7thgencivic.com that has an auto tranny with basic engine mods (intake/exhaust/etc) and honda voided her warranty because her engine was modfied. shes now taking legal action i believe because the tranny is gonna cost her 2g+.

taneski

LOZANI
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi All,

I want to lower my car to Australian Standards which will make my 2004 Civic GLi look great but i am scared of one thing... THE WARRANTY.... i dont want to get my warranty voided. Where i live there is no authorised Honda dealer so when iu get it serviced at mitsubishi they put the service stamp on the book and thats how my warranty stays... if i lower the car i wont be taking it into a Honda dealership for a while so i'll just readjust the springs when i take it in.

anyone else that has a 2004 GLi in Australia msg me please.

Ljupco

civic03

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some good news for my ride everyone =)
the noise i was getting under the hood was something very minor..
i actually fixed it myself.. it was a wiring from my sound system that was rubbing against something..
so i just tightened wires and it's all good now
my friends told me "yea.. there is no way honda civic will get a problem at 25k miles" ;)

03VicEX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess I was a lucky one, but I had to have my tranny replaced at about 25k. I took it into Honda with headers and intake and they didn't say anything. I've also had a few other problems, but nothing has been said with my sorry mods....and I'm rolling with a free new tranny.
Jay

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah you were lucky it was minor..