endo617's 98 Civic LX Project: Balance

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Who makes the one that you are going to use? Have you seen any info on them on how well they stay put?

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Who makes the one that you are going to use? Have you seen any info on them on how well they stay put?
It's made by 1320, they are good. Just add some Honda Bond and done, realistically if it pops out you have an issue with crank case pressure i.e. bigger problem lol

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Good deal. Hope that thing works out well for you then. I'm surprised that there aren't more like it out there by other companies. And yeah, blowing things out of that hole is def a larger problem...haha.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
I had a transmission bell housing and borrowed a starter to do a compression test. For being a cold test im pretty satisfied.

Ready for new parts

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Nasty stuff

New OE stuff

Love this tool

IDK, have a feeling the belt is going the wrong direction after I installed

Catch can stuff installed

Stainless steel studs and titanium flange nuts

Hopefully the lower timing cover gets here by next weekend because that's when the engine is going in.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
I had some wiring issues again, got rid of the garbage engine harness and bought a fresh obd2 EX harness and decided I needed piece of mind so I bought a cabin harness too.

Got it all done today, also fixed my bogging issue. Quick search suggested it was the Ignitor, swap it out and it's good now. Need to break the clutch in finally. I only put 4.7 miles since the swap lmao terrible.

I can finally get to the important stuff, koni/GC setup, wilwood brake kit and new camber kit. Also waiting for some new goods to come in the mail.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Today I installed my Koni/Ground Controls with HyperCoil 500/450 springs.

Need to pass inspection, so daily height lol

New, Hubs, Bearings, ARP extended studs, Buddy Club Balljoints, Wilwood 11" brake kit, Muteki Lugs and Locks.

Last edited:

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like its coming along nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Looks like its coming along nicely

Trying :/

I never posted it but I purchased a Yonaka catback. Fitment was garbage and sounded horrible, I sold it and only lost like $20. Ordered a Tanabe Medalion right after. Fit perfectly and sounds very conservative considering I'm running a test pipe too.

Getting the OE hanger welded on the chassis

Strut King pedals

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trying :/

I never posted it but I purchased a Yonaka catback. Fitment was garbage and sounded horrible, I sold it and only lost like $20. Ordered a Tanabe Medalion right after. Fit perfectly and sounds very conservative considering I'm running a test pipe too.

Getting the OE hanger welded on the chassis

Strut King pedals
Can't lose with tanabe

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Can't lose with tanabe

Tanabe for the win! I adamantly hate yonaka exhausts after seeing every one bought by friends fall apart in less than two years. I loved the tanabe I had though

I had to to actually bend some of the hangers today, catback hung a little low in the rear and was scraping lol. All good now, a little massaging with a mallet helped

Finally back to summer mod

SPC adjustments, great but ball joints were weak and arm was too bulky to be functional. Hard Race, why not. Had their Extended Ball joints for years and still using their Toe Adjuster.

Installed, I've pretty much replaced the front end completely lol.

Strut King pedals almost complete. Need to find the OE plastic to install the gas pedal.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Looks solid

Looking good your build has come a long way. It's nice to see a quality build with all quality parts.
"Cry Once" motto

Need to change out my front lip but here are some pics on how the car sits now.

New Mirrors, Ganador Reps. They actually are functional, the hole diverts air in the car.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Diverts air into the car...blocked by the vent visor!!!! ;)

Looking good! I'll catch up one of these days.