OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
alright but then how come on the top of the engine it says its a DOHC and you said it was a SOHC? thanks for the answer though
did u swap the engine? it's easy to differentiate between a SOHC and a DOHC just by looking at the engine.

anyway, if u have a 1.6L dohc, it is probably a dohc ZC, b16a1, b16a2, or b16a3

CivicSwap93

I STILL cannot find out which year the B18A1 in my Civic is from. I've searched & searched all over the net & came up with nothing. I know it's either 90-91 or 92-93. Anyone know how to tell?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
kinna off topic, but who's that inyour avatar??

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright well thanks for your help ill have to try and clean the spot it is in better and have a look.

CivicSwap93

Oh, that's my girl's ass. =) STILL trying to find out what year my B18A1 is,.....

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
CivicSwap93 said:
Oh, that's my girl's ass. =) STILL trying to find out what year my B18A1 is,.....
if its in your car and it runs, then its almost certainly obd1, the 92-93. this is what a 93 looks like

CivicSwap93

Thanks for the OBD info. So the 90-91 has an OBD0? I'm pretty sure there's no difference in the looks of the 2 engines though. I just wish there was an easy way to be 100% positive. Maybe a dealer would know.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i believe if u get the engine's number u could check with the honda dealer

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the intake manifold is different. i can take close up shots of mine if necessary, and just search for pics of an obd0 one. they should be distinct. another giveway is the obd0 has 2 o2 sensors on the exhaust manifold, while obd1 has 1.

CivicSwap93

I have headers, so the o2 sensor idea is out the door. I'm going to look at my intake manifold & compare it to your pics. I'll let you know. Thanks again

civic_tuner_182

MINE IS FASTER
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys and girls I need to know if i need a different wiering harness to put a D16A1 1989 Acura Integra ls motor in my 1993 honda del sol si. its a dohc non v-tech engine

civic_tuner_182

MINE IS FASTER
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys and girls I need to know if i need a different wiering harness to put a D16A1 1989 Acura Integra ls motor in my 1993 honda del sol si. its a dohc non v-tech engine.

JohnQuix

green machine
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
excuse my ignorance but what is the difference with ps and hp? anyone got a conversion method?

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what motor is the f22b2.?????????? or i mean what car is it from and hp and what not