Engine light always on and no pins to check the code

joaomsilva

He everyone, I bought this week a civic coupe ej8 (original engine d16y8, don’t know the ecu reference) but I bought it with a b16a2, I think from a 92 civic eg6/eg9. I reed on some forum that to check your engine code I needed to connect a paper clip on some blue or green plug near the ecu, but I can’t find that plug. My ecu is an p2t. Can someone help me how I get the engine code from this ecu?

97civicexgirl

Respected
It's usually near the fuse box under the dash. Unless it's a jdm then it won't. And then you have to do something fancy but I'll research for you.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
@joaomsilva You have an Si motor! It's likely from a 99-00 Civic Si. Good find!

P2T ECU is the Si ECU and is OBD-II, so you should be able to use the standard ODB-II service connector located under the driver side near the fuse box. Rather than a paper clip, you'll need a ODB-II scanner, which you can borrow from a store like Autozone, or can buy one to connect to your smart phone for like $15.

Alternatively, you should have a 2-pin connector there under the kick panel by the ECU on the passenger side. It should be there somewhere, I think it's a green connector that should just be dangling there. May be caught up or shoved up there somewhere. But since you have ODB-II, I recommend using that port with a scanner to address the codes.

joaomsilva

@joaomsilva You have an Si motor! It's likely from a 99-00 Civic Si. Good find!

P2T ECU is the Si ECU and is OBD-II, so you should be able to use the standard ODB-II service connector located under the driver side near the fuse box. Rather than a paper clip, you'll need a ODB-II scanner, which you can borrow from a store like Autozone, or can buy one to connect to your smart phone for like $15.

Alternatively, you should have a 2-pin connector there under the kick panel by the ECU on the passenger side. It should be there somewhere, I think it's a green connector that should just be dangling there. May be caught up or shoved up there somewhere. But since you have ODB-II, I recommend using that port with a scanner to address the codes.
I don’t think that a Si ECU because here in Portugal we only have ek4 I think the ecu came from there, but a friend told me that Engine was from a 92 civic, because the engine code is older than his 96 civic and is also different from his b16a2 engine that came from a 97 civic. On the intake system it also says p2t.
I checked near the fuse box and the plug was there on a plug holder.

Thanks allot, if I buy a 3pin connector to 16pin obd-II and connect it to a obd reader it will work let’s say on my cell phone with an app or the codes are not obd-II compatible?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
USDM Si (EM1) has the same motor as an EK4, so same thing.

No idea what that connector is, but I don't think it's correct. Not sure if other domestic markets are different, but USDM it's near the ECU.

But if you're looking for the ODB-II service port, it's near the fuse box under the driver side:

joaomsilva

I don’t have a obd2 connector, the only ones are a 3 pin blue and a 2 pin blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk