engine problems

essi1553

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok guys I just changed my intake manifold on my b16 (in 94 civic vx) and my car bogs really bad and wont rev at all... I am not getting any mil code however?!?! Im sure I wired everything up correctly. Im sure all the sensor work. Im sure the timing is correct. WTF is the damn problem This is driving me crazy and If i dont fix it really soon I will be forced to sell it just to pay my bills. PLEASE HELP! contact me any way you can email,aim,yahoo whatever i need to get this running correctly! THANKS...

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
probably a loose or disconected vacuum hose. Just do a vacuum test to make sure.

essi1553

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is there any manual to check to make sure the right vacuum hoses go where since I had to lose some vacuum lines that were not needed because of the different motors.

essi1553

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok here is what i can put together.

Right under the dist where the Top radiatior hose connects to the motor there is a connector for a hose to connect to.

Closest to the motor on the TB at the bottom I have another unused connection for a hose.

I also have 2 hoses that need to be connected to them but one is a vacuum line and one is filled with coolant.

The very thin coolant hose runs from the back of the motor to????

and I have a vacuum line that runs from a big black canister mounted to the firewall near the passenger side of the car.. Any Ideas where these go?

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
which gen b16 is it? i can probably find another si to take a look at.

But from my car (99DX) "the vacuum line that runs from a big black canister mounted to the firewall near the passenger side of the car"
is the Evap canister, I have 2 lines coming out of this, the small one leads to the intake manifold.

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
And maybe the other hose "Closest to the motor on the TB at the bottom "could be the hose coming from the power brake booster. When I disconnected that hose on my car a while back, the car kept revving by itself.

essi1553

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the canister hose where did that run to on your manifold? and it is a 99 si motor thanks for the help

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I couldn't really see it cause it ran right under the fuel rail. But its in the middle of the intake manifold, i'll try to get a pic for you.

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
its the red hose coming from the canister, it's not the green one cause that leadsunder the car.

the last pic of the hose-thats where it drops down about 2inches into the intake manifold. I couldn't get a shot cause there's alot of s**t in the way.

The other pic is the other hose that might be disconcected also.(power brake booster)

But if its neither one of these problems, I guess double check to make sure the bolts are bolted down tight and the gasket is in there.

essi1553

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow thanks alot for the pics! Im gonna try to get everything taken care of tommorrow. youve been a great help thanks =)

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "essi1553"

Wow thanks alot for the pics! Im gonna try to get everything taken care of tommorrow. youve been a great help thanks =)
yeah this guy unitzero knows more then i thought, especaily when he uses my camera :thumbs up:

heartsoul

Seed of Destiny
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "nightkids1"

essi1553 said:
yeah this guy unitzero knows more then i thought, especaily when he uses my camera :thumbs up:
pretty soon he'll be telling you your measurements and underwear size... :lol:

essi1553

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL I knew I should have stayed away from the window when I shower!

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "essi1553"

LOL I knew I should have stayed away from the window when I shower!
so was unitzero right???? :?:

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Originally posted by "heartsoul"

pretty soon he'll be telling you your measurements and underwear size... :lol:

measurements- 2"s

underwear size- SMALL!![/siz]:lol:

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Originally posted by "nightkids1"

essi1553 said:
haha..this guy wants credit for using his camera :D :D

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "UnitZero"

nightkids1 said:
essi1553 said:
haha..this guy wants credit for using his camera :D :D
hell yeah :D

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
back to the original question.... did you ever find out what was wrong with your car??

My damn clutch is really squaky when i push down on the petal... what's wrong with it.
My car only has 55,000 km's on it, it shouldn't be wearing out... should it :what: