Engine rubber Hose Help!

Colin Gordon

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on here. Long story short is I have had my Civic EX 1.6 for almost two years and just about everything has been good to me so far.

However, I have recently had a mysterious coolant leak that has been dumping my coolant. I sort of narrowed it down to the rear left side of the motor (when standing at hood). I judged this from where it is dripping underneath when car is sitting.

I read it could be the Fast Idle Thermo Valvo o-rings. So I took the entire intake manifold off and decided to replace everything in that area, to 1. fix the problem 2. nib any future problems in the butt.

I have a few questions regarding my problem

1. Can you buy JUST the O-Rings for the FITV? I know you can buy the whole thing for $100+ but I would rather spent $2.00 on O-Rings.
2. There is a specific hose that I know where it goes to, but I want to replace it and I don't know where to buy it because I don't know what it does.

I will post pictures for reference. Thanks in advance for the help!

The picture below is the BOTTOM side of the manifold.

Attachments

Colin Gordon

Before replacing all of the hoses, you first should have pinpointed the leak. Did you do this? If so, post a picture of the actual leak site.

View attachment 29133

I attempted to do this. I could not pinpoint the leak. I could only see the general area it was coming from. But since I also have a leaking valve cover gasket, a lot of stuff over there is cover in fluids so its not easy to see where coolant is coming from.

I appreciate the diagram. However since I can't see the bottom, its hard to know which hose goes to where I'm looking.

Do you know which hose it is, and what is for/called.

Thanks