Engine surging at idle

kevdaman19702

I need help. My 98 LX has developed an idle problem. At idle it surges from about 500 to 2500 rpm. I am.not sure why. A friend told me to remove and clean THE IACV. I did that to no avail. Any ideas??

alex98

I need help. My 98 LX has developed an idle problem. At idle it surges from about 500 to 2500 rpm. I am.not sure why. A friend told me to remove and clean THE IACV. I did that to no avail. Any ideas??
Check for any vacuum leaks.

Jdubyuh

If it’s the rotating style iacv those almost always have to be replaced, I tried cleaning mine three times, I replaced it light went off and it’s idling perfect.. bought one off amazon for 25$

Jreid10

I just picked up a 97 lx has the same surging problem. I haven’t addressed it yet but it could be air in the coolant lines?

Jreid10

I changed my IAC and the idle is stable but now the CEL is on and it wasn’t before I changed the IAC.