ENGINE SWAP HELP

MACH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am going to try to swap a B18C Engine into a 95 Civic EX Coupe and have heard its pretty easy, but was just wandering if anybody could give me a couple tips and whatnot. Also any 1/4 mile times, etc. THANKS.

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea...it is pretty simple for that swap. I'm currently saving up for the same engine for my '98 Civic EX. The most important thing to remember is to get the same year or new engine, in your case the GSR engine should be a '95 or newer. A good book to get to learn more about the swap is Honda/Acura Performance by Mike Kojima. It's an excellent book...very informative. I don't have any 1/4 time though but I'm think more like high 14's and low 15's w/ a stock B18C.

Joe 8)

bluhatch

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah the swap is really easy, just take your time on the wiring so u don't mess it up. Just make shure u you just keep with the same generation engine (like your car is obd1, make sure its an obd1 engine so u dont run into wiring problems). my friend has a jdm b18c1 and he ran like a 14.3 with cat-back and intake, so u should be like mid fourteens.

goofystylez

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hav a night black civic si coupe (year: 2000), so far it is all stock, everything. im wondering if i am able to shave sum metal and plant in like a integra type-r engine 2.0L (220hp)...(dunno the engine code)...and if i could, would there still b room for a turbo?

or...wut should i do to my car in the genre of performance...(im thinking of turning my civic si into the pure perfect street racing car...good for exceptional handling, superb acceleration, turning and cornering, and braking, and speed of course and of course the cliched 1/4 mile...gimme ur opinions

ask_611

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It would be a waste of money to pull out your b16a to run an integra type r motor. You would be much better off building your motor up (pistons, rods, dual valve springs, ect.) then running a turbo. It would run you about the same money and you would have a faster car. Also if you ran a type r motor you would not be able to turbo b/c the compression is too high. i dunno if this helps you at all or not. You could easily be in the 12's if you build it up right and run enough boost.

goofystylez

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aii aii...hmm...but the problem i c is that...will building my b16a si motor up result in a significant increase in torque...im just not feeling enough torque from this engine...and i want alot more...more "push" power...

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
goofystylez,

I agree...keep the B16...I think you'll probably run into more problems with the B18C5 (type R) than the B16 b/c it's a higher-revving engine if my memory serves me correct? Build up your SI motor and drop a nice Garrett or Greddy turbo...getting ceramic turbines and ball-berings will help increase power in the turbo but it's pretty costly. There's other things you can do to increase torque...maybe lightening up the car itself...lightweight rims...carbon fiber hood, fenders, and spoiler if you're into them...also a lightened flywheel. Hope this helps.

Joe 8)

MACH

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What the hell? U people are answering this guys question under my forum. Answer it f***ing somewhere else.

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "MACH"

What the hell? U people are answering this guys question under my forum. Answer it f**king somewhere else.
:roll:

Your question was replied to, so was goofystylez question.