Engine swap or??

DutchmasterLOU

Hello first time on here. Ok I messed up pretty bad and blew my engine this morning on my 99 civic ex. Bout to sit it and make it a project car. I was wonder if I’m going to swap engines to a k series would I have to change the transmission as well? Any recommendations and advice will help thanks!

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you done any actual research to answer some of the simplest questions, especially since were dealing with a 20 yr old chassis and swap?

DutchmasterLOU

Yes I actually have. Ok maybe it was a dumb question but your answer was even dumber. If the question was so simple answer it or just keep moving along buddy.. thanks tho

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes I actually have.
If you had done research you would have found the answer then, correct?

Ok maybe it was a dumb question but your answer was even dumber. If the question was so simple answer it or just keep moving along buddy.. thanks tho
I'm not sure how mine was dumber, I posted a good starting point for you, a little digging would have yielded you this simple answer, again because both the car and K swap have been done now a million times over in the the last 20 years.

Unless someone makes an adapter plate/kit for a K motor to d or B series transmission (I'm not sure why anyone would since those transmissions would technically spin in the opposite direction as a K series transmission) then YES, you will need to use the transmission that mates up with the K motor. Hopefully that was simple enough for you to understand.