Engine swap question?

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For those of you from 7thgen, You can answer this real fast for me. Since its been talked about a lot didnt want to go there and get the topic locked.

How much was that guys engine swap that got the K20?. I heard it was like 10g's. And do you guys think it would be cheaper to get the Si engine(forgot the code)? I mean 10g's is a lot of money, I am seeing if there is anything else that would be cheaper. Like around 3-4g's is more like it, since the average price for a b16a in a 00 civic goes for around $2800-$3200.

alltech01civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the b- series engines would be a lot also to put in our cars.....there has to be a lot of custom work done to the engine bay and other things, plus it's illegal to put the engine in our cars!!!....yeah htowns' swap cost around 10g's or so.....just wait a while til HAsport comes out with the mounts for the k20 to fit our cars and it'll be a lot cheaper....the only reason he paid as much as he did, is because they did custom work and something about buying new stuff instead of used things....not sure!!!!.....hope this helps!

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh, iw as talking about the new si engine (its like k20 somthing)

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the new Si engine would only be a little, if at all cheaper than the JDM K20. the engine runs about 6000 i believe is what ive seen some going for. My advice is to do what alltech said and wait awhile until the mount kit comes out.

zetar

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The biggest reason why the K20 swap cost so much was due to the labor involved, and they even ended up putting more labor into it than what was paid.

spider883

Supercharged Si
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the only way an older engine in your car would be illegal is if they actually check that stuff.. here in florida they dont check anything... i have looked in the law books here and i havent seen anything yet.. oh and my dad is a police captian and he doesnt know of that law but i asked him to look into it.. and the si engine the k20a3 would only be about 1000 bucks cheaper for the engine.. u will still have to do alot of work like the subframe and all