Engine swap questions

Erin p.

I have an 02 civic ex with the d17a2 motor in it. Can i swap to a d16y8? Is there extra electrical i would have to do? Would it just bolt in?

samuerisym

For any different engine you're throwing in you're gonna need an ECU tune or swap I would look up the specs of both engines and try to find diagrams if you can, it will usually say what connectors each engine uses. Where there is a will there is a way and these are similar engines so it should be easier than something crazy like an ls4 conversion. If you haven't already it's always good to add some handling upgrades before you go for a swap coil overs and sway bars will make your car even faster in most applications because they improve your ability to control the car. Best of luck and sorry I can't answer the question directly.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would not do that. Not worth the hassle. It's not a simple bolt in. New mounts, fuel lines, etc etc. Not worth it for a D16.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Save your money for either a K swap or an RSX-S.

I would not do that. Not worth the hassle. It's not a simple bolt in. New mounts, fuel lines, etc etc. Not worth it for a D16.
It's for two reasons, the motor is not worth the swap and the chassis is not worth the swap either.