Engine swap

CivicEk-ITC-804

Do you guys think the best engine to get would be a b16a? and would it need to be the full swap? I currently have a d16y8 with auto transmission i know it sucks but thats why im trying to swap. Help me outt

civicspencer

Registered VIP
do plenty of research, the best swap is all in opinions, myn would be k20a, and sounds like youll have to do the auto to manual conversion, and yes you will need a full swap

CivicEk-ITC-804

thanks, yeah i read that getting a b20 bottom and a b16 head would be a good idea. but im not sure im new to all this engine stuff

krooked32

depends on what you want to do. personally i love my buddys hatch with an h22 in it. super dope to just go pullin on everyone. some like k's, some like b's, some like d's. depends on what you wanna do. time to hit up the majestic site known as google and the search button on the forums here and see what catches your eye!

Cobl18

Registered VIP
for starters i would read the sticky thread at the top of the page. It will answer so many questions and its well written.

AsianCivicRider

Do you guys think the best engine to get would be a b16a? and would it need to be the full swap? I currently have a d16y8 with auto transmission i know it sucks but thats why im trying to swap. Help me outt
B16s are slow. Sure they are a small step above the y8, but they're still low HP torqueless engines. Get either a b18c ITR or a k series. I'd even go with the b20 over the b16 because of the better torque. Just don't go b20 vtec.

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
B16s are slow. Sure they are a small step above the y8, but they're still low HP torqueless engines. Get either a b18c ITR or a k series. I'd even go with the b20 over the b16 because of the better torque. Just don't go b20 vtec.
and your argument there is?

J32a2EK

Lol do a F20B swap ..H22A or H22a4 200-220HP out of these motors.. Take a look on Hmotors.com or tigerjapanese.com idk what your budget is but that swap for the amount of money and power is a nice first swap. Buddy had a stock clean EK black 4 dr with a d16y7 and asked to do a swap so we went with a F20B swap from tiger..had about 2,500-3,200 i forget but hey sold the motor and tranny from the stock car and made out saving a little on the swap but has a Clean F20B swap with 25k-35k 220HP Daliy.. lol just a suggestion.. That or if u cant aford a type-R uild a b20 vtec make around same power.. K are pricey and thats all anyone wants..