Everything is slow

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Let me ask you all a question.. I have a 97 Ex and it seems that with the AC on it takes a while for my car to kick into gear when i put it in reverse.. Is it just my car or is this a known problem. I have had my car since 97 and never noticed this problem if it is a problem until my best friend drove my car and asked what is wrong with my car :???: All other gears kick in fine but when I put it in reverse the rpms go up for a sec, drop back down then the car will start to roll back. If the AC is off all is well and the car goes into reverse like it should. Can someone help me out on this? Thanks

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
air condition = even slower honda.....

just turn it off, and roll down the windows... better yet... take it out, and save like 1oo pounds

losing 100 pounds = faster honda

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't take out my AC it is too HOT for that LOL.. but I would like my car to be faster.

And yes my car is an automatic.

O.Z Chi

Team San Jose
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It might just be normal. Honda auto trannies are known to be kinda weak. Sorry to break it to ya.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, the auto tranny in our civic takes a second longer to engage the reverse gear as well....

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by MystiCiViC97Ex
I can't take out my AC it is too HOT for that LOL.. but I would like my car to be faster.

And yes my car is an automatic.
hot????? you dont know what hot is if you live in n.y. try living in cali., its 100 were i live:sad:

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey, im headed out to NY tomorrow!!! yeah...i heard the weather is hella hot there right now, but it sucks hardcore here in the central valley

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, since I don't live in Cali I can only speak for what I know.. and to me it is HOT here in NY. To top it all off there is lots of pollution in the air, extremely congested and very over crowded.. so put all of that together and there you have it.. HOT!

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hot????? you dont know what hot is if you live in n.y. try living in cali., its 100 were i live

100+ weather is HOT.. I am at work now and there is no A/C on my lunch break and my two 10minute breaks I go and sit in the car. Thank God for Auto Start!!**