RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
STi is what its all about..

Thewonderer

Civic Si User
5+ Year Member
stis get stomped... EVO vs STI wars are on sale buy a vid and im sure you will change your mind...

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thewonderer said:
stis get stomped... EVO vs STI wars are on sale buy a vid and im sure you will change your mind...
right...google rigoli then google gadiel and big valley. The only time the AMS evo has lined up against Gadiel it got smoked.

Once the AMS evo gets low 8's like rigoli then you can say what you want

I went to the wrx/evo shootout in norwalk. The evos won, but not one wrx tuning company shop cars were there. While there were 6-7 evo shop cars there. Its a fast car, I believe it ran a 9.13 or 9.23.

googled rigoli for you, and only 615awhp :lol:
http://www.rigoliracing.com.au/wrx-2_door_drag_car.html

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/ams/1/93abd039-9170-44aa-bca2-f333c6031102.htm 9.23 ams evo!

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/ams/1/4cc91eea-c3c0-4056-a4ac-c91561def74e.htm AMS EVO8 9.1 @ 162 ....

2003 Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII Drag Spec

World Record Holder Quickest & Fastest Evo VIII

Best 1/4 Mile: 9.13

Best Mph: 162

Engine:
-AMS 2.0L Short Block
-ARP head bolts & main studs
-AMS Ported Race Head
-Supertech 1mm ov ersized valves
-JUN 272/272 Cams
-UR cam gears

Fuel:
-AMS high flow fuel system
-AMS 1600cc/min Injectors

Spark:
-NGK BPR9ES
-AMS EVOVIII Ignition system

Body:
-Vishnu Rear Diffuser

Intake/Intercooler/Nitrous:
-AMS Race Intercooler Kit
-AMS Upper Intercooler pipe kit w/ TiaL BOV
-AMS VSR Intake Manifold

Engine Management/Electronics:
-AEM EMS
-AEM UEGO Gauge & Controller
-GReddy Profec B Spec II
-Stewart Warner 60psi Boost Gauge
-Autometer Shift Light
-AMS light-weight battery kit

Suspension/Rims/Tires:
-Buddy Club Suspension
-AMS Trailing Arm Bushings
DRAG: 16" Rota slip-streams w/ Quicktime Pro Tires

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
BoxinEJ20 said:
right...google rigoli then google gadiel and big valley. The only time the AMS evo has lined up against Gadiel it got smoked.

I went to the wrx/evo shootout in norwalk. The evos won, but not one wrx tuning company shop cars were there. While there were 6-7 evo shop cars there. Its a fast car, I believe it ran a 9.13 or 9.23.

That car is using nitrous also.......

Thewonderer

Civic Si User
5+ Year Member
idiot...

BoxinEJ20 said:

Is your boy nitrous free? i think not... and i think there is a reason they havent brough tuning wrxs to the shops as said before in many posts.. they get ther @$$es busted. btw the ams build isnt old maybe a few months... google that and the ams is supposed to be close to 1000whp and their last run they werent able to get any traction out of.

Wait till its ready and then talk buddy... till then HUSH WRX owned...

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
STI owners are just mad because their cars are only faster in a straight line.

EVO FTW

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ams could add nitrous and blow there ass out of the water. :lol: The only thing I like about the wrx is the sound the boxer engine makes sounds good. Other the that EVO ftw.

Go to streetfire and type in AMS and you will find all there videos of the evo and some of other cars they work on.

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thewonderer said:
Is your boy nitrous free? i think not... and i think there is a reason they havent brough tuning wrxs to the shops as said before in many posts.. they get ther @$$es busted. btw the ams build isnt old maybe a few months... google that and the ams is supposed to be close to 1000whp and their last run they werent able to get any traction out of.

Wait till its ready and then talk buddy... till then HUSH WRX owned...
the last wrx/sti tuning shop in the evo/wrx series to face ams evo...the evo lost to Big Valley and Gadiel.

Like I said in my first post, I saw with my own two eyes the ams evo run the 9.13 at norwalk. I talked to the guys, and checked out the car. Sick machine but it wasnt even the fastest awd car at the track that day. AMS is good but not god by any means.

And it seemed to me they had plenty of traction and there isnt a betting track to "hook" up on than norwalk. Track is like glue 1/8 of the way, you can HEAR the track stick the the crews shoes when they would walk on it.

Bring what you brung. Nitrous? No nitrous who cares.

The Point is
Fastest Evo-9.13
Fastest WRX-8.3

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that VERBAL said:
STI owners are just mad because their cars are only faster in a straight line.

EVO FTW
:rolf: I think not. If you ever watch the WRC the Subaru;s & Peugeot's always out perform the Lancers & evo's.

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CivicEXofD0om said:
:rolf: I think not. If you ever watch the WRC the Subaru;s & Peugeot's always out perform the Lancers & evo's.
THis is true but I just like the way the evo drives over the sti.

Thewonderer

Civic Si User
5+ Year Member
CivicEXofD0om said:
I dont think we are refering to rally racing im refering to drag, and i havent seen the subarus take as many championships as the lancers yet bro... keep researching

Thewonderer

Civic Si User
5+ Year Member
BoxinEJ20 said:
the last wrx/sti tuning shop in the evo/wrx series to face ams evo...the evo lost to Big Valley and Gadiel.

Like I said in my first post, I saw with my own two eyes the ams evo run the 9.13 at norwalk. I talked to the guys, and checked out the car. Sick machine but it wasnt even the fastest awd car at the track that day. AMS is good but not god by any means.

And it seemed to me they had plenty of traction and there isnt a betting track to "hook" up on than norwalk. Track is like glue 1/8 of the way, you can HEAR the track stick the the crews shoes when they would walk on it.

Bring what you brung. Nitrous? No nitrous who cares.

The Point is
Fastest Evo-9.13
Fastest WRX-8.3
If your way of defending your subis is with nos and calling it fair game than so be it my point is how old is the AMS evo build. And they are far from god just the head of the american evo game right now with BR right behind them. Regardless i think the point here is I have seen the runs many times i wasnt their in person so i cant honestly say how good of a run it was. I can say that the fastest WRX build is much older and much more experienced at the moment. Give it time, and without nos they will do it bro.

we are two bias stating people anyways talkin in a CIVIC forum. I think ill let the other threads and posts talk for me... thanks

Thewonderer

Civic Si User
5+ Year Member
I wasnt gonna do this to him but :

oo btw fastest evo is not AMS by far they are just a major tuner..
http://www.ignitionmagazine.co.nz/assets/imgs/cars/10/20050502/gallery/172618aa20050501P01.jpg

more info at: http://www.speedtechnz.com/news/25

docile is another great evo tuner running a 8.23 1/4

And all the EVO builds are relatively new bro. =) i got other evos in mind as well but i figured if i show a 8.23 run itll shut him up BTW STILL NO NAWS

point is just because everyone claims to be worlds fastest, doesnt mean you should believe it... and by the way i think he can eat his own words about going and googling right? lol

Last edited: