Exhaust for 2000 EX M/T

bri2601

Registered Drunk
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hello all,
I'm a thirty year old dad who has been tuning on trucks and cars for years. I'm looking at exhaust for my civic and I really want to make sure I get the best performance with the queitest sound. I don't want to go around sounding like a hornet in a can like the zit face kids around here. I had a greddy system on my Accord but it was a V-6. It was nice and quiet, I considered Greddy ,Rs'R .
What does everybody recomend???
Thanks!!!!!!

FhCRubarb

Rice 4 Life
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The bigger the piping the louder it will be usually. So a nice 2.25 inch piping should work. You have GReddy, Apexi N1, thermal R&D are some of many that people on clubcivic tend to buy. I myself went with the magnaflow full catback and couldnt be more satisfied.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want to stay away from loud, rule out APEXi N1s, GReddy EVOs, Skunk2 MegaPowers, HKS Hi-Powers and Draggers, SPOON N1s, and like...

you may end up getting custom piping if you want to keep it quiet.
I beleive the APEXi World Sport isn't so loud.

bri2601

Registered Drunk
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks guys,
But to the last post I guess it all depends on our definition of loud. I don't mind it being loud as I lower the pedal, I just see the kids around here like to get tips!! instead of exhaust and you can here them for miles away.The greddy I had you could only here me from a short distance, I want to know I changed from stock but, I don't want to be annoying. Does that make sense??

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you may want to stick with another GReddy EVO system then. I have the Apex i N1 and its smooth when you cruise, but loud when you floor it. Thats what i like. Exhausts like the APexi World sport (designed to look more stock) are usually pretty quiet but they are always lacking on the performance end. If you're only doing a mild tune with your civic, then the sleeper style exhausts will be just fine.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The EVO is very throaty.

I prefer the sound of an HKS Dragger or a Skunk2 MegaPower over the EVO and N1.

Bonesnapp

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I ran with a Tanabe Super Cat-Back Comes with Silencer thought I was going to lose Power with in But truthfully Felt more power in then Out! Hondas like alittle back pressure... Almost went with Borla system they make them for EX/SI heard they are good! But love my tanabe Sounds perfect!!!

Matt
2000 ex

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bri2601, i posted a clip of the rsr exmag in the video lounge if you want to check it out. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bri2601 said:
Thanks guys,
But to the last post I guess it all depends on our definition of loud. I don't mind it being loud as I lower the pedal, I just see the kids around here like to get tips!! instead of exhaust and you can here them for miles away.The greddy I had you could only here me from a short distance, I want to know I changed from stock but, I don't want to be annoying. Does that make sense??

louder than an exhaust with a tip???????

lol..this is the first i heard oif that...

anyways i dunno if u guys know...but they have a thing called silencers now...which fit in any exhaust...and it's 'supposed' to quiet ur car down without cuttin the few measly hp that it gives ur car

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and ur only annoying if u sittin gin one spot and rev ur engine for 10 minutes...
but i live in nyc.....noise..i can't live without =-x

bri2601

Registered Drunk
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since, You haven't heard of it Blaze. There are a few muffler shops around here that gut off from the cat back and weld on a 40 dollar tip. This one kid lived 5 miles past our house and we could here him leave out every morning. It gave them no performance but, the kid wanted to be loud. I even seen a Teg with the cat and all cut off and replaced with straight pipe to the back with a mega phone. You talk about loud!!! and annoying.
Not near as annoying as NY City traffic, my grandparents live there.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bri2601 said:
Since, You haven't heard of it Blaze. There are a few muffler shops around here that gut off from the cat back and weld on a 40 dollar tip. This one kid lived 5 miles past our house and we could here him leave out every morning. It gave them no performance but, the kid wanted to be loud. I even seen a Teg with the cat and all cut off and replaced with straight pipe to the back with a mega phone. You talk about loud!!! and annoying.
Not near as annoying as NY City traffic, my grandparents live there.
i dunno around where u live..but around here we put a muffler before we put on a str8 pipe...
but if some1 wanna b loud...ofcourse ths what the shop gonna do...

gotta be careful around here with a str8 pipe..cops with their mirrors checkin under cars...

he said tip..ths why i was liek wtf

but even with no cat ...silencers r pretty good....

i got apexi n1 2.5...just the muffler...i didn;t change nothing else ..no silencer...deep and not too loud...just perfect

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i knwo now...georgia
go stick a few bananas in that niggas joint

-newbie -=x