Exhaust Question

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aliright me and my friends were chillin tonight and we were talking about exhausts.
Well we had an argument.........when you get an exhaust tip, no whole cat-back system do you lose hp?

If im not being clear just lemme know. ( going to see 2f2f. be back later )

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just an exhaust tip....? the cylinder you stick on the oem muffler....? that has no effect on anything..........

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you asked this cuz of jon and whitney didnt you? see Team 4R said exactly what i said.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
exhaust mods wont really do much unless you get a catback and even more if you get an aftermarket cat...but then it probably wont pass smog

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

nigizysgirl

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so it doesnt do anything? what about the intake and the amount of air that pushes through cuz jons car seems slower...and the guy at autobox said "if you dont have a silencer on the muffler then it will lose hp".....what about that....remember pj i didnt want to get that one muffler for jon cuz it did not have a silencer...

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "nigizysgirl"

"if you dont have a silencer on the muffler then it will lose hp".....
if the car has no modifications then, yes, changing the muffler will cause a loss of backpressure and a decrease in torque............... the first post in this thread asked about exhaust tips, though..... you guys need to decide what it is you're talking about........

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am talking about exhaust tips............this is not a whole catback system