Existence of a CD changer Port on 2004 Civic??

Pyroreb

5+ Year Member
I have a 2004 4DR CIVIC EX with a normal factory radio. I'd like to install a Peripheral IPOD2CAR Interface which requires a CD changer port to plug into. Does my car have this empty port??? And I've heard it's a bit difficult to remove the CD player/dash on Civic's in general - does this hold true. I've taken off quite a few dashes of my old pieces of crap, Pontiac GodDamn, Mazda 626, etc. How does this compare??

Thanks for the help in advance.

~Pyroreb

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah there is one. this pic took forever to find so enjoy it

Rocket350

5+ Year Member
the civic's cd player isnt too hard to remove once you find out how its held in. (unlike me who started by just pulling at it. lol) just pull off the area below where the cigarette lighter socket thingy is (its just snaps out). this exposes the bolts that hold in everything above it (radio heater controls etc). but you might wanna double check on how your 12v socket area comes offf because i know the 2002s and 2004s are a little different there

Pyroreb

5+ Year Member
Here goes nothing..

Thanks a bunch homies.. hopefully it will go without flaws!

Peace..

Pyroreb

5+ Year Member
Day of reckoning

Just got the adapter in the mail this morning. Looking forward to some better sound than that FM transmitter crap..
Schneider, I see that you ran your cord through the cigarette lighter??!?

Pyroreb

5+ Year Member
A little delayed...

Works like a charm.. love it! I ran it underneath the center console to the armrest where it pops up between the passenger seat and the center storage console. It's secured underneath with a piece of duct tape so the cord won't fall out near the passenger floor mat.

Oh, after one failed attempt to operate the IPod, I figured out that the settings for a Honda Civic in Peripheral IPOD2CAR instructions are incorrect. I can't recall what combination worked, but their online website had the correct settings versus the printed instructions..

Last edited: