F&F coilovers ?'s

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Well if you don't know already I'm building my car up right now and decided eventually I am going to have to swap out from just springs and shocks to some good coilovers. Now then I am really interested in the function & form 2.5 coilovers on basis of word I have read of product reliability. Now then I will not be getting them to soon seeing how I just don't have a grand to go blow anymore. However I was wondering on everyone's opinion on this setup. I will be using car for daily driver and then auto x and drag on occasion. Now then if anyone else knows of a project that is just as good if not better then feel free to tell I just don't care bout going over that limit when the time comes.

Btw if your going to say check older threads I'm sorry just didn't care bout doing so and reviving some old dead thread.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they are good coil overs, i had type 1's and they were awesome

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well if you don't know already I'm building my car up right now and decided eventually I am going to have to swap out from just springs and shocks to some good coilovers. Now then I am really interested in the function & form 2.5 coilovers on basis of word I have read of product reliability. Now then I will not be getting them to soon seeing how I just don't have a grand to go blow anymore. However I was wondering on everyone's opinion on this setup. I will be using car for daily driver and then auto x and drag on occasion. Now then if anyone else knows of a project that is just as good if not better then feel free to tell I just don't care bout going over that limit when the time comes.

Btw if your going to say check older threads I'm sorry just didn't care bout doing so and reviving some old dead thread.
First, read this:
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=206087

From my experience, what I've seen, what I haven't seen(speaks just as loudly), what I've heard, what I haven't heard(again, speaks just as loudly), and what I've read, I personally wouldn't buy anything from F&F. Even for my daily driver, let alone either of the cars I race. They aren't the worst, but definitely not the best. For the money, it's just not worth it IMO. You'll see a lot of people on here(no one in particular) say they've had great experience with them and recommend them, but credibility falls short a lot of the time.. There are almost as many people saying they've had great experiences with junk eBay $50 coilovers... I can guarantee that anyone with any good sense of ride comfort, anyone with some racing background, or engineers would have quite an opposite response to them.

The best "all around" coilover, IMO, would be the Progress CS2's. They lower the car to a reasonable height(NOT slammed), the spring rates they offer are ideal for street driving and entry level autox, and would do just fine for your average friday night t&t "drag racer". They don't offer adjustable shocks, which, you don't need. Those 2308-way adjustable shocks are just an advertising gimmick. Beside, how many times would the average car enthusiast play with the rebound and/or dampening on their overpriced shocks? Once a year? IF that... pointless for the average person... The Progress coilovers are VERY affordable, cheapest and best quality suspension on the market that I've seen.

Again, read the thread I linked then come back if you have more questions.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^That link was a good read.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member