Factory Alarm Question

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi, My Civic is a 97 and I just have the factory alarm installed however I just noticed after my car came back from the repair shop all my factory alarm does is lock the doors. Before I took my car into the shop when I would press the lock button it would lock the doors, flash the head lights and the light next to my radio would blink. Now since I got the car back from the shop it does nothing but lock the doors. The warn away light next to the radio does not even flash. Honda service department is closed for the weekend. So if anyone has any idea of what could be wrong..fuse, a switch or whatever please let me know before i go and make a fool of myself on Monday when I go back to Honda :oops: Thanks for your help :wink:

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would say check the fuses...... more than likely it'll be one of them. really don't have a clue what else could be causing a problem like this....

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for your help Team.. i will have my brother check the fuses for me when he get home.

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
let us no whats up.

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey Guys my alarm was fixed today.. It was some wire in the back of the factory radio that needed to be hooked back up. I have no idea why it was unhooked, but whatever.. Honda charged me 85.00 :( and it took about 35minutes to do.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "MystiCiViC97Ex"

Hey Guys my alarm was fixed today.. It was some wire in the back of the factory radio that needed to be hooked back up. I have no idea why it was unhooked, but whatever.. Honda charged me 85.00 :( and it took about 35minutes to do.
wait... what?! why were you charged for something they messed up in the first place? or do you mean that it costed you 85 for them to repair the alarm, and the fixed what they messed up for free the second time you went.

MystiCiViC97Ex

**FeEL THe GIrL**
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I took my car to this radio place not Honda to see if they could fix it because my CD player kept reading Er.. and they pulled out the CD player and the radio.. I think.. However They sent the just the CD player out for repair. Once the CD player came back and they put it in, my alarm was acting up. So it was something that they did not Honda. That was my bad because I should have took it back to the place that messed it up in the first place but I did not want them touching my car anymore. However my Radio, CD player and alarm all work fine. The radio place agreed to pay half of what I paid Honda.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Originally posted by "MystiCiViC97Ex"

I took my car to this radio place not Honda to see if they could fix it because my CD player kept reading Er.. and they pulled out the CD player and the radio.. I think.. However They sent the just the CD player out for repair. Once the CD player came back and they put it in, my alarm was acting up. So it was something that they did not Honda. That was my bad because I should have took it back to the place that messed it up in the first place but I did not want them touching my car anymore. However my Radio, CD player and alarm all work fine. The radio place agreed to pay half of what I paid Honda.
good deal then