Farewell.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Farewell. (Updated with RX-7 pics).

I'd just like to start out by saying, I'm posting this in the 8th generation because this was primarily my home at clubcivic.

For many complicated reasons, I'm no longer going to receive my 8th generation as planned. A bunch of technical bs. But I recently purchased a 96 Mazda rx-7, and now i'm a member of the rotary family.

I would like to say though, that I purchased red clubcivic decals, and i'm rocking them out on my rx-7.. haha.

I'll keep in touch though, because one day I may (I will) purchase an SI.

p.s. for those of you that care, the rx-7 I bought is rocked out with about 10 k under the hood... greddy twin turbo, with big sus manifold and type r wastegate.. apexi n1 exhaust (f**king loud) and a shitload of others. but it can easily boost about 20psi... I won't bother tuning it up to 26. :p (i only bought it for like 8 grand.... it has alot of body damage.. I've already fixed alot of it, just need to paint).

any race takers? :]

take care everyone.

edit//
Picture Time!

I'm actually a little embarrased to post these.. the car looks pretty f**ked up.. but when you get behind the wheel..... it's not like driving a civic. :p (im jk, I love my civic boys)

--

--

--

--

I'll post more pics of the engine bay, and interior when I get it cleaned up a bit.

also... i might add that this thing has THE loudest bov ever. I'll attempt to record it sometime.

ryanM

interesting, didnt know they still made rx-7's in 1997. guess you learn something every day

have fun with it :thumbs up

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LongGrain said:
interesting, didnt know they still made rx-7's in 1997. guess you learn something every day

have fun with it :thumbs up
They didn't. :???:
The third gen rx-7 was only made in the U.S. until 1995. They did keep making the Savannas in Japan for a few years, but yeah...

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
later man, nice ride cant wait to see the rx-7 pictureage!

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice pick up, always wanted an RX7, good luck to yah! :thumbup:

guess your "coming soon" sig doesn't apply so much n e more :(

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah sean i know.. lol. you'll have to make me another. lol.

i'll post pics as soon as I can, but no making fun of my headlight. it's a little f**ked, and I've yet to find the cover to fix it.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kataku said:
They didn't. :???:
The third gen rx-7 was only made in the U.S. until 1995. They did keep making the Savannas in Japan for a few years, but yeah...
whatever model I have is a 1996. and i know it's not straight up jdm.. so who knows.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
RX-7s were still sold in parts of North America until 2002. Many states discontinued selling it after 1997 though.

I'm trying to figure out exactly where they were still sold past 1997, but so far no conclusive info. Maybe Puerto Rico for one?

Kataku

HAYOO
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aznwannabe said:
whatever model I have is a 1996. and i know it's not straight up jdm.. so who knows.
:what: I believe you. I don't claim to know much about Rx-7's, just repeating what I've read. I even did some reading before posting just to make sure, and everything I've read said 95 was the cutoff date in the U.S.

But, Amy posted above that they still made them in some parts for a while longer, and she's the research queen around here, so I'll go with that.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Kataku said:
:what: I believe you. I don't claim to know much about Rx-7's, just repeating what I've read. I even did some reading before posting just to make sure, and everything I've read said 95 was the cutoff date in the U.S.

But, Amy posted above that they still made them in some parts for a while longer, and she's the research queen around here, so I'll go with that.
:lol: Sorry, don't think I'm just trying to be right. I know I don't have all the info on that model availability even... I wish I did, just because I'm so damn curious about things. But I couldn't easily find it and had some things I had to do (detailed cars today).

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
I envy you guy. to pic up a beast of a machine like that as young as 18. i was trying to get one last year before i got my civic, but I never found a deal that insane. 8000 for a later model rx-7 plus mods :shock: wow. that turbo seems like it's crazy. i can't wait for you to post a vid or some sound clips. as far as anyone challenging you to a race, i know I won't be anytime soon.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i dunno how long i can wait for these pictures.. looks good tho.. could use to get repainted.. but hell when your runnin twin turbo who cares what your car looks like.. i kinda care about mine but i dont even got one turbo :D

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nice. From the pics it looks like it has a nice straight body (at leats now).

Looks like you're going to get your money out of it thoguh.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Guy says it pushes anywhere from 350-370 to the wheels. I can't verify this (yet) , but I can believe it. I got a new phone and it has a record feature on it.. i'll try and record the bov lol.

I don't know if many of you have ever clicked my profile links... but, by a very freak accident.. I got an NSX last year for free. I had to get rid of it a few months later though, because insurance was around 3000 for 6 months. It was fun to take for a drive... but i hated it for commuting and what not. the clutch is like pushing on a brick wall. www.cardomain.com/id/acuradustforyou (proof) :p