Fear the Focus

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i know its like club civic and all, but i figured what the hell, might as well be the black sheep and post my ride :P i had a 95 v6 mustang before this that i totaled when i cut off a dodge durago in some bumfuck little town :( the rear quarter panel god crunched and the floor was cracked. so i took my insurance money and was gonna lease an 03 si, but then i saw how cheap the focus was. i figure im better off buying this then leasing a civic. plus the payments are only 166 a month 8) this car was 13k so i guess i could have gotten an 03 DX or LX, but those things are dogs, no balls at all. the 03 Ex or SI are the only two hondas i really wanted. and because im a student and dont have much money id rather make payments on a new car then have to deal with unexpected maintance costs on a used one. anyways heres the foci, fear its mad power!! :shock:

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, i think focuses (foci) are dope. youre not black sheep, you and turbozinc are hardcore representing for ford

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
im not a real fan, but i like the headlights........

welcome to da club!!!

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what are the specs on a zx3 anyways?

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
are you going to mod it at all.... i have a friend who's got projector headlights and european grills...

just please promise me you will not get the altezza's for your car...I CANT STAND THOSE DAMN THINGS

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

what are the specs on a zx3 anyways?
2.0L 16V DOHC Zetec I-4 engine*
Horsepower (SAE net @ rpm) 130 @ 5300
Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 135 @ 4500
Compression Ratio 9.6:1
Fuel Delivery Sequential Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection
Fuel Economy EPA Est. mpg: 25 City/34 HWY
Curb Weight, 2,551 lbs

so its a decent little car. puts out about as much as the SOHC vtec found in the civic EX, but ive driven a civc EX and if feals faster i dont know why really, prob the vtec, even if it is gimicky SOHC vtec :P

and no i dont plan on moding it, id like to but i have no money and even if i did im afraid of voding the warrenty. id like to mod it though, like beef up the suspention a little and supercharge it with a jackson racing supercharger and also slap on a borla catback exaust 8) but i dont have 5-7gs to spend on that so it will prob never happen. although i would like to get a shift knob at somepoint, the stock one kinda blows :(

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dunno man.......... looks kinda stock to me....... get to work! :lol:

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so that's what the inside of one of those look like...

i didnt know jackson made a supercharger for this.

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

so that's what the inside of one of those look like...

i didnt know jackson made a supercharger for this.
yup

http://www.jacksonracing.com/pages/sprchrgrfoc.html

8)

course its prob just a better idea to get the SVT in the first place :P

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i thought the svt focus isnt supercharged?

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to the club... DROP IT!!! a friend of mine has a 02 ZX3 and its all stock except for the drop... its sweet looking for being stock

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "imazn"

i thought the svt focus isnt supercharged?
no it is, 170hp at the crank. jackson also makes a supercharger for the SVT that puts 200hp down at the wheels 8)

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice to see another domestic/ford guy here. I used to hate the focus. It is slowly growing on me though. Nice car :thumbs up:

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "TurboZinc"

Nice to see another domestic/ford guy here. I used to hate the focus. It is slowly growing on me though. Nice car :thumbs up:
yeah i did too, tihen i saw how cheap they were :lol: nice stang btw, i really miss mine, even if it was just a six it was still fun to drive. 8)

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
never was a fan of the ford focus ZX3... except for one, in this video i have, this focus str8 rips it up on the track with a ford F1 car...i'd upload the vid,but its 700 megs...

nice quality pix by the way

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
whats the spec on the coupes? I raced one a couple days ago and was totally even with it.

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "UnitZero"

whats the spec on the coupes? I raced one a couple days ago and was totally even with it.
Can't be too different from the zx3. At the track last week i saw a basically stock zx3 running low 17's.

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "UnitZero"

the sedans you mean? the diff is about 30hp. the SOHC engine in em puts out a weak 100hp at the crank. ill admit the zx3 isnt that fast, but it has considerably more pep than the sedans do. i beilve you can get the sedans with the zx3 engnies in the higher models(not sure though), but most of em out there have the SOHC SPI engine. the bottem line is that the NA ztec engine is a little underpowered in stock form, but with a little work and some help from Forced induction it does show a lot of promise. i think MM&FF got their project zx3 in the 13-14 sec range. they built it to be about as fast as a stock mustang GT and succeded at that. really though the SVT Focus is the better choice if you want more peformance. if i could have afforded it i would have gotten one....

FreakTimmah

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and in case any of you were wondering ZTEC isnt the same as VTEC. as of yet ford doesnt have any sort of varitable valve timing and electronic lift control on their engines. ztec is just a name......nothing more :P