Not open for further replies.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Featured Ride Contest #3
RACING THEME!!

The guidelines for the contest are as follows:

• You will need a minimum of one exterior, one interior, and one engine bay shot. For this contest, you will also need at least one picture of your car participating in a legal racing event. There is no requirement for picture quality. Please keep picture editing limited to a border and signature.
• A detailed mod list that includes the manufacturer and part type. Please separate the parts list into subcategories of: Engine, suspension, exterior, and interior.
• Eligible applicants must have been a member on the site for 2 months, and have 50 posts.
• Six spots will be available on a first come first serve basis.
• Since this is a Civic site, members can only submit Civic's into the contest.
• Anything deemed as unfair play may result in being disqualified from the competition.
How to enter:
• In order to enter the contest, you must enter your information into our Members Garage application, which can be found here: Members Garage
• This application will allow you to edit your profile with any changes you may want to make, and also enter future contests without having to resubmit a new application!
• After you have entered your information into our Members Garage, simply send a PM to vjf915 and let me know that you would like to enter the Featured Ride contest, as well as send me a link to your Members Garage profile.
• We will verify that you have entered the required information, and then let you know that you have been entered into the contest.

If you have any questions, please send a PM to vjf915.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention the prize. The winner of each contest will be awarded with a $50 gift certificate to the ClubCivic.com store, and two pieces of ClubCivic.com Merchandise!!

Current contestants:
1. mportedcivicsi
2. barrett
3. jeders
4. got traction on behalf of SpeedFactory

Last edited:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Please note that there are two changes in the rules above. The first change is the theme, that your Members Garage profile will need at least one picture of your car participating in a legal racing event. The second change is that we are now asking members to include a link to their profile in their IM to the moderator running the event.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Doesn't matter what kind of racing event it is, as long as it's a LEGAL racing event. If you don't have any pictures of you racing you car, then go find a place and race it :D

If you can't, there will be other contests coming up with special themes. Just keep an eye out.

Decipher

Registered VIP
So your telling me to go to a abandoned road and race? works for me!

Invite some friends over in order to establish "event" status, then stage a time attack from your garage door to your mailbox. Racing yourself is still racing. And it was all legal, except for the pot your friends were smoking in your front yard. :naughty:

But in all seriousness this is a good idea... should really bring out the quality built.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
So your telling me to go to a abandoned road and race? works for me!
Every single time I mentioned the racing portion, I mentioned that it must be a LEGAL racing event. That means NO, racing on an abandoned road does not count.

barrett

Registered VIP
there is an empty airfield that we use in my city for racing. does that count? nearest drag strip is like 4 hours away.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
For this contest, you will also need at least one picture of your car participating in a legal racing event.
This means that if the cops are watching what you're doing, and they can pull you over and ticket you....then that is NOT a legal event. Legal events include drag racing, autox, drifting....or any other kind of LEGAL racing.

Last edited:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
C'mon guys, NOBODY wants to enter? I know we've had enough participants already that had pictures of their cars racing.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So is ROTM gone now? Its back to Featured Ride?

barrett

Registered VIP
we have a contract with the people owning the airbase. set up with liability and such. i don't have a copy of it however. states we can drive there. that count? if so then i'm in. i've got pics, just need to upload them.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I guess that's as close to legal as you can get :what:

Only issue is that nobody else has entered, so I might be picking a different theme or just going with a regular Featured Ride.

mportedcivicsi

Respected
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'll play again...seeing that I am very active in Autocross and track days =)

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Let's get this b*tch going. Barrett, you're in. Send me the link to your garage.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Bump. We've got two people in now. Let's get 2 more and I'll run the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.