Ferio Stance Build

Ryley

Hello guys/gals, my name is Ryley, always been into Hondas and finally picked up one up in Washington state with about 80k on it and drove it down to New Mexico. I have a 1997 Civic Sedan, and will be keeping yall who are interested updated with everything I will be doing on the build. Along with the Civic, I also own a 2005 Chevy Colorado that is lowered, but now I have a car, I will be lifting the truck up a scootch. Currently, I have installed headers and a Borla muffler along with some Raceland Ultimos. I am going for a low and slow car, and yes, I know it is impractical and everything, but, I have always loved slammed and stanced cars, so why not? haha. Looking forward to getting to know you all and I am very glad to finally be a part of the Civic community. (P.S. If any of you are curious about the truck let me know and I'll be happy to post a pic of her.)
12119089_10203475900018427_8489017226659979882_n.jpg 11219391_10203475900058428_884351418859759582_n.jpg 12108151_10203475900178431_3745763704732671590_n.jpg 12144959_10203475900098429_8862349701632201755_n.jpg

Ryley

Oil pan got busted, cue the "too low" comments now haha.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oil pan got busted, cue the "too low" comments now haha.
Hey, you called it first when you said it's impractical haha

itzrivera

I second the above motion. I'm guessing the PO just threw on ebay coilovers to the stock shocks, which probably blew out. Then you probably bottomed out and cracked the oil pan lol

Ryley

I second the above motion. I'm guessing the PO just threw on ebay coilovers to the stock shocks, which probably blew out. Then you probably bottomed out and cracked the oil pan lol
Raceland Ultimos. The coils settled finally, It is quite a bit lower now. At least thats what my eyeballs see. Hah.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are your plans for the car to mimic the ferio styling with "SiR" bumpers and other oem parts?

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
ironically enough, racelands spring rates are too soft to work with that much of a drop, yet the slammed crowd is exactly what those things are marketed towards. youre really not all that low, but if you want to roll around slammed you need stiffer springs to keep your oil pan off the ground. i bet your upper control arms are constanly slamming your shock towers as well.

Ryley

ironically enough, racelands spring rates are too soft to work with that much of a drop, yet the slammed crowd is exactly what those things are marketed towards. youre really not all that low, but if you want to roll around slammed you need stiffer springs to keep your oil pan off the ground. i bet your upper control arms are constanly slamming your shock towers as well.
I knew the spring rates were going to be soft...not that I am regretting it. I plan on getting some 16s or 17s and scootching her up higher. After driving my truck for years with a 4 inch drop, even after the coilovers were put on the civic maxed down, it felt like a mercedes hahaha. Now that the coils settled it rubs like nuts and is too low, even for me. I just have to find the wheels now. I have been stalking craigslist like crazy.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
...I am going for a low and slow car, and yes, I know it is impractical and everything, but, I have always loved slammed and stanced cars, so why not? haha.
View attachment 26347
That s**t isn't even that low!
I wanted to do a Vi-RS look. Planning on doing front and rear to the 1999+ civics swap on the front and rear.

So you originally wanted a slammed car, installed Raceland Ultimo Coilovers, didnt like the lowered ride feel, so now you're pursuing the Civic Vi-RS look while raising it up a bit. Is that correct?

Ryley

So you originally wanted a slammed car, installed Raceland Ultimo Coilovers, didnt like the lowered ride feel, so now you're pursuing the Civic Vi-RS look while raising it up a bit. Is that correct?
The ride is fine, it is like 1000000 times better than my truck which you feel every f***king crack in the road with haha. But yes, that look, but with an aggressive looking drop. I don't necessarily want to be dumped on the ground, but something that tucks a tad of tire, hence the 16s..I think it'd sit perfect. I have seen a dumped EK hatch on Honda-Tech, and it had a real low, clean looking stance, but roads here are absolute s**t in some places. So think of a Vi-RS that has good form with some function. idk why I want the Vi-RS, I just always thought it looked way better than the one I have. haha.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
personally, id have to fix that mangled door and scratches all over it first before "stancing" it. ps that isnt stanced.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
personally, id have to fix that mangled door and scratches all over it first before "stancing" it. ps that isnt stanced.
i was thinking the same thing. this car needs alot of body work which isnt cheap but it seems like youre on a tight budget hence the racelands. why dont you just do the pre facelift vi- rs look instead of switching to the 99-00 look like way too many other people? also you dont need 16s or 17s to tuck tire. the size of the wheel doesnt make your tires tuck its your choice of tire size and ride height combined with your wheel offset that makes something fit well. imo 17s are too big on these cars. but like i said before if youre roads are shitty and youve already busted your oil pan, its obvious you need a stiffer set of coils to keep you from bottoming out all over the place. then youll have to figure out the height thatll have you sitting where you think it looks good AND also keeps the underside of your car safe. if you dont want to feel every crack in the road then youre not gonna be able to roll around low. its one or the other. you have to be stiff if you want to be low