Few questions

emerican

Registered VIP
It depends on how its been treated, but an auto tranny can last for a good bit longer than that my buddys dad has a 95 ex auto with over 300,000 miles on it and it drives and shifts fine.
That being said id get the ex if i where you but im biased since i love 6th gens lol

IACivicSi

Jesus, I figured the auto transmission would sh*t out after 200k. Supposedly a small oil leak is another problem with the car, but for the price he's asking, I suppose it would be worth it.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just make sure you do they tranny fluid about every 30k and see if he's done it. That'll make it last.

IACivicSi

I plan on doing the usual maintenance if I buy the car. Just gotta check in with the "bank" aka gf if it's fine =)

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Got yourself a suga momma? =) Haha

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish! But no, sadly I don't. I just have to talk it over with her since it is our money.
No doubt. I was always the girlfriend with the good job so I helped out with everthing financially. Not that fun.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I'd hate that to be honest. Maybe I'm just selfish but I don't like sharing my money unless it's a good reason. I'm single though. :lol:

As for the tranny you'll be good if it was taken care of like Crash said. My car is automatic, has 175k miles and still shifts like butter.

20civiclx02

20civiclx02
in my opinion i'd go with the ex coupe(i love coupes), it's 5 years newer and im guessing it's got less miles because you didnt mention anything except the hatchback's miles. i'm at school so craigslist is blocked, but i'll check out the ads later.

IACivicSi

Oh no no =) I make the money. She goes to school and works pt, about 20-25hrs. But it's always good in a relationship to consult the spendings.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh no no =) I make the money. She goes to school and works pt, about 20-25hrs. But it's always good in a relationship to consult the spendings.
It's good to have a boy that actually makes money. Good job:thumbs up:

IACivicSi

Exactly, wouldn't want her to spend the money on something big without telling me. I am leaning more on a hatchback since I've always wanted one, plus I already have a coupe.

iHeartHonda

i personally would go with the hatch. The coupes picture isnt very good but the hatch looks cleaner.. and its cheaper so thats just another reason to choose the hatch over the coupe.

IACivicSi

We are planning on seeing the car Tuesday, hopefully it works out, and if not, guess the Si will get some snow shoes.