Figured its about time... *Evan's build up thread*

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, heres it comes, the long awaited build up thread of the boosted d. w00t. I just recently ordered a new headgasket and arp headstuds for $100, pistons & rods should be here within a week or two. I just decided to make this thread now as ill constantly be adding to it. Any tips / advice / hey you should re-build this part, would be helpful. Heres the list for now:

OEM Headgasket
APR Headstuds

Crower Rods
SRP Pistons
Skunk2 Camshaft
Skunk2 Valve Springs / Retainers

Looking to get about 250whp @ 10psi.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sweet. i have 2 spare y8 blocks and im thinking about building them...where did you get the pistons from, and what do you think yoru compression ratio is going to be?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
edited... the bold are what I have, the non-bold is what im going to be getting in order to hopefully reach my goal of 250whp @ 10-12psi.

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sweet, I hope you keep this thread pic saturated. ;)

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
since you are already turbo, check the compressor wheel for any play in the shaft, check fuel injectors, check all exhaust components, radiators are helpfull... maybe a full valvetrain/head job?

Just making suggestions!

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
PhntmSk8r said:
since you are already turbo, check the compressor wheel for any play in the shaft, check fuel injectors, check all exhaust components, radiators are helpfull... maybe a full valvetrain/head job?

Just making suggestions!
turbo is mint, bought it basically new. 390cc should be sufficient for 250whp... i doubt theyll even max out. Exhaust is 2.5" all the way through, just replaced everything. Ive been considering a dual-core radiator, well see about that.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much boost are you planing to run to hit that 250hp goal?

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
about 10-12psi.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sk8shorty017 said:
about 10-12psi.
you can prob run a bit more with those mods. I'd suggest to upgrade your axles as well. Perhaps sleeve the block to.