Fill Up Gas Light

Akuma

VSM Beeyotch!!!11
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just go cruisin around your neighborhood with a gas can with some gas in it until you run out of gas in your car. if your light never comes on then its either a blown bulb or loose connection.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NOFX said:
I'm pretty sure Eran talked to somene and figured out his gas light on his '97 CX hatch should work... I could be wrong, but I doubt it. It's such a small thing that I doubt it would save anyone money or lower the selling price of the vehicle at all (which it was sold as a cheaper model than some of the sedans and coupes in the US).

If the CX is supposed to have one, I'd imagine the DX is supposed to also.
Looks like the CX DOES NOT have a gas light. We just checked in Eran's stock cluster and the gas light is blacked out.

So, there is a chance the DX doesn't have one either. take a flashlight to it to see if it appears to be blacked out.

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Looks like the CX DOES NOT have a gas light. We just checked in Eran's stock cluster and the gas light is blacked out.

So, there is a chance the DX doesn't have one either. take a flashlight to it to see if it appears to be blacked out.
Mine was blacked out and its a dx...

postal21

vroom vroom
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Zenray said:
Mine was blacked out and its a dx...
maybe its a hatchback thing?

The gas-light on my EX goes on all the time when im near the bottom. Parking on inclines can make it light-up early... o_O

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think i can make it 60 miles with the gas light on

damn ... only made it 40

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
mine has only came on like 2x. there was once that it wasnt on and i almost didnt get it started bc it was so low the fuel pump was having a hard time getting enough to start the car. oh well. never have successfully ran out tho.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
postal21 said:
maybe its a hatchback thing?

The gas-light on my EX goes on all the time when im near the bottom. Parking on inclines can make it light-up early... o_O
That's because you have an EX. It has nothing to do with the body style besides that US hatches only come in lower trims. I'm sure the EK9 has a working gas light, along with the SiRs and VTis.

iixtremehansen

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my dx hatch have one, it comes on while im driving and hella low like below red, sometiems when i stop and start it takes a while for it to start like its empty but it eventually start but when it comeso n when im driing it tells me i gottta get some fuel, it was when i was low on budget

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im seriously going to the gas station ans am just going to run out of gas as mine has yet to come on...

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well if you fill up at 1/4 a tank every time it will solve the problem of not worrying about running out of gas. also its not good to keep running the tank empty. pump picks up s**t laying on the floor of the tank and quickly clogs the fuel filter...

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Melt said:
i think i can make it 60 miles with the gas light on

damn ... only made it 40

haha yeah i do the same thing, my bro does too. light comes on and we're like o we got another 50 or so miles to go. and then it takes like 90 billion turn over to start. also a bad thing about running the tank empty lol. crap load of wearon starter cause its consistantly going..

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
AliasNeo said:
well if you fill up at 1/4 a tank every time it will solve the problem of not worrying about running out of gas. also its not good to keep running the tank empty. pump picks up s**t laying on the floor of the tank and quickly clogs the fuel filter...
I always heard this more about vehicles that have an in-line fuel filter.

Anyway, for me at least... it's just about everything working. I never use my cruise control. But damn it pisses me off that the light in it still doesn't work and I keep forgetting to fix it.