Fill Up Gas Light

kidcivic97

SiKwIdIt
5+ Year Member
Mine Dosnet Turn On When Im Low On Gas.i Asked A Mecanic About It And He Said It Has To Do With My Fuel Pump,is This True Or Is It Something Else That Has To Do With It??

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
at least your car even came with one

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in my civic i have to be really really low..

when mine comes on it means i have to stop what im doing and go get gas...

has your car ever successfully run out of gas?

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i feel left out......i dont got a gas light :( well anyways hmm never heard of it being the fuel pump.....cuz what if you bought an aftermarket one does he have a sensor or something??

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this may sound stupid but doesnt it just come on when the gas gauge is really low?

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it comes on when you're about 1 1/2 - 1 gallon left, on your tank.

kidcivic97

SiKwIdIt
5+ Year Member
Kaotic_Zeus said:
it comes on when you're about 1 1/2 - 1 gallon left, on your tank.
SOMETIMES MY GAS WILLL GET TO THE POINT WHERE ITS ON THE RED LINE AND THE LIGHT STILL DOSENT COME ON.IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT OR DO I NEED TO TAKE IT SOMEHWERE AND GET IT CHECKED OUT?

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont worry.. mine drops below the red before the gas light comes on

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
kidcivic97 said:
SOMETIMES MY GAS WILLL GET TO THE POINT WHERE ITS ON THE RED LINE AND THE LIGHT STILL DOSENT COME ON.IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT OR DO I NEED TO TAKE IT SOMEHWERE AND GET IT CHECKED OUT?
First does the DX even come with a gas light? Check to see if you do.

kidcivic97

SiKwIdIt
5+ Year Member
Kaotic_Zeus said:
First does the DX even come with a gas light? Check to see if you do.
YEAH IT DOES COME WITH THE GAS LIGHT.IS IT WORKING OR CUS ON MY FRIENDS EX IT COMES ON BEFORE IT EVEN HITS THE RED LINE.SO DO I NEED TO GET IT FIXED OR IS IT WORKING OK??

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess you think im lying about my gas gauge or just think i dont know anything..

Zenray

7@WOT
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
kidcivic97 said:
YEAH IT DOES COME WITH THE GAS LIGHT.IS IT WORKING OR CUS ON MY FRIENDS EX IT COMES ON BEFORE IT EVEN HITS THE RED LINE.SO DO I NEED TO GET IT FIXED OR IS IT WORKING OK??
The dx does not come with a gas light. Trust i have taken mine down to less than half a tank and Have taken apart the guage cluster there is no light. Your friends ex may have it but our dx's do not

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DX Coupe includes
Dual Airbags, 1.6 Liter, 106-hp, 16-Valve Engine with PGM-FI, 5-Speed Manual or Available 4-Speed Automatic Transmission, 4-Wheel Double Wishbone Suspension, Power Rack and Pinion Steering (AT only), Adjustable Steering Column, Power-Assisted Front Disc/Rear Drum Brakes, Audio Plus (tm) AM/FM High-Power Stereo with Clock, Coin Box, Front and Rear Beverage Holders, Dual Manual Remote Operated Mirrors, 2-Speed/Intermittent Windshield Wipers, Remote Trunk Release with Lock, Remote Fuel Filler Door Release, 60/40 Fold-Down Rear Seatback with Lock, Low-Fuel Warning Light, Dual Vanity Mirrors, Reclining Front Seatback, Seatback Pocket, Adjustable Front Head Restraints, Rear Window Defroster with Timer, Driver's Footrest, Trip Odometer, Maintenance Interval Indicator, Low-Oil Warning Light, Headlights-On Reminder, Trunk-Open Warning Light, P175/70 R13 82S All-Season Tires
You have it .... it probally works fine you just havent gotten to it yet. Which is what ive been saying

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm pretty sure Eran talked to somene and figured out his gas light on his '97 CX hatch should work... I could be wrong, but I doubt it. It's such a small thing that I doubt it would save anyone money or lower the selling price of the vehicle at all (which it was sold as a cheaper model than some of the sedans and coupes in the US).

If the CX is supposed to have one, I'd imagine the DX is supposed to also.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The dx does have one.... i guess my posts are invisible to everybody

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a spot for one. but it never came on. Even when I ran out of gas. I think the bulb is blown.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You know, the cluster in my EX had a little picture of a gas pump in the cluster and that b***h never came on. :what:

It's not that important....quit being lazy and look at your gauges once in awhile :lol:

Oh yeah, It has nothing to do with the physical pump itself. Maybe the pump assembly and sender

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
In my 97 EX it has to go down below the red line before it comes on but i still got about a gallon left