Finally joined the 6th gen family

NeopolitaNx

After 2 years of searching for the right project, I finally found the one for me; a 1996 DX Hatchback

I’ve only had it for about 2 weeks and have only driven it a handful of times since there’s still some things that need to be sorted before it’s street legal, BUT I had a couple of questions to ask the lovely folks here..

Where is the best place to find quality replacement parts? Such as bumpers, light assemblies, etc?
I have to ask because I bought a pair of 99-00 tail lights from ebay and like I expected, the fitment is absolutely pitiful.
I’ve been scouring FB marketplace and craigslist for extra parts but I figure there’s gotta be somewhere better.

Also, the gas pedal has this “notch” feeling where there’s a small portion of the travel where nothing happens, then you hit the notch, and after the notch, gas is finally applied. It’s not terrible but with a manual, its not easy to drive smoothly.
I did a lot of 3am googling to see that this is a common issue but so many of the threads I saw were 10-15 years old and I’m curious to know if there’s a “best way” to solve this problem, given its now 2022 lol.

And lastly, being a DX trim, I have no tachometer. I went to 6 different junkyards in my area and could not find a manual instrument cluster with a tach, so I just caved and grabbed an EX’s auto cluster.
Are the RPMs displayed going to be accurate for my y7, considering the car I got the cluster from is the y8 engine? Also it won’t matter that it’s an auto cluster right?

Anyways, thanks so much for reading and m any help is massively appreciated!

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Lets see if I can help with this. I'm going to reply similar to your format.
There are a ton of places to get good reliable used OE parts. For us that have 20+ year old cars now,FB marketplace and the For Sale section of forums is the best place. There are tons of FB groups, do not rely solely on FB marketplace. Ebay is good source but do your homework on the parts. There are A LOT of replicas out there. Biggest rep company out there that makes the best fitting OE "REPLACEMENT" parts is most likely going to be DEPO.
The gas pedal, you can adjust the throttle cable tension to pull the slack out. You can do this at the throttle or at the pedal. Get under there and start looking around. Also you can go to my website and download the OEM Honda Service Manual for 96-00 Civics.
Changing your cluster in most states is actually illegal without a replacement form that indicates the mileages change. This is required for proper registration in MOST states. Some states will not allow you to swap the cluster so make sure you check your local and state regulations on that. As for the manual tach situation, again ebay, FS sections and FB groups will get this done. I see manual clusters being sold all the time.

Hope this helps and we see you back on the forum. Post pictures of your car !!!

Art101

Welcome NeopolitaNx! Pictures, please, when you have some to share. I've always liked the '96 hatchback styling. Some of Honda's best work, IMHO. For what it's worth, I've been impressed with parts ordered from carid.com. That's where I got front and rear bumper covers, projector headlights and LED tail lights for my '98 CX hatch. Prices tend to be higher than what you can find elsewhere, but fit, overall quality, support and warranty is excellent. As my late, great Dad once said, "Pay more. Cry once." Good luck!

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Dont forget guys, ClubCivic has its own parts division called Tunersports.com Make sure to take advantage the site!!!!

Art101

Dont forget guys, ClubCivic has its own parts division called Tunersports.com Make sure to take advantage the site!!!!
Thanks! I haven't really explored the site very much... just went directly to the forums. I'll correct that oversight to explore parts. :D

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
@Jay Jay updates the promotions pretty regularly so def dont just click by it. Give it a good once over for sure.

DorothyDeaton

After 2 years of searching for the right project, I finally found the one for me; a 1996 DX Hatchback

I’ve only had it for about 2 weeks and have only driven it a handful of times since there’s still some things that need to be sorted before it’s street legal, BUT I had a couple of questions to ask the lovely folks here..

Where is the best place to find quality replacement parts? Such as bumpers, light assemblies, etc?
I have to ask because I bought a pair of 99-00 tail lights from ebay and like I expected, the fitment is absolutely pitiful.
I’ve been scouring FB marketplace and craigslist for extra parts but I figure there’s gotta be somewhere better.

Also, the gas pedal has this “notch” feeling where there’s a small portion of the travel where nothing happens, then you hit the notch, and after the notch, gas is finally applied. It’s not terrible but with a manual, its not easy to drive smoothly.
I did a lot of 3am googling to see that this is a common issue but so many of the threads I saw were 10-15 years old and I’m curious to know if there’s a “best way” to solve this problem, given its now 2022 lol.

And lastly, being a DX trim, I have no tachometer. I went to 6 different junkyards in my area and could not find a manual instrument cluster with a tach, so I just caved and grabbed an EX’s auto cluster.
Are the RPMs displayed going to be accurate for my y7, considering the car I got the cluster from is the y8 engine? Also it won’t matter that it’s an auto cluster right?

Anyways, thanks so much for reading and m any help is massively appreciated!
Thank you; I enjoyed your post.If you are a student, you can purchase a dissertation from any website. However, some websites provide plagiarised writing services. If you wish to buy a dissertation without copying it, I'll provide you with a URL uk-dissertation where you may do so.
And congrats =)

Last edited: