Finally put my suspension on...

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'll have the specs for you later from what i got from the alignment shop. all i can say right now is that it handles very very good. very quick turn in. i like it =)

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sweet.... pics?????

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok here it is:

H&R Race Springs
KONI SP3 (Neuspeed) Shocks
15" Speedmaster (10.5 lbs/each)
Falken Azenis 205/50/15s
Ingalls Front and Rear Camber Kits

Before Alignment:

Front: Left
Camber: 0.0 degree
Caster: 2.4 degree
Toe: 0.21 in (oops)
SAI: 11.0 degree
Included Angle: 11.0 degree

Front: Right
Camber: 0.2 degree
Caster: 2.6 degree
Toe: 0.21 in
SAI: 10.7 degree
Included Angle: 10.9 degree

Front:
Cross Camber: -0.2 degree
Cross Caster: -0.3 degree
Total Toe: 0.42 in

Rear: Left
Camber: -2.3 degree
Toe: 0.14 in

Rear: Right
Camber: -1.7 degree
Toe: 0.08 in

Rear:
Total Toe: 0.22 in
Thrust Angle: 0.06 degree

After Alignment:

Front: Left
Camber: -0.7 degree
Caster: 2.4 degree
Toe: 0.03 in
SAI: 11.6 degree

Front: Right
Camber: -0.7 degree
Caster: 2.6 degree
Toe: 0.02 in
SAI: 11.6 degree

Front:
Cross Camber: 0.0 degree
Cross Caster: -0.3 degree
Total Toe: 0.05 in

Rear: Left
Camber: -1.5 degree
Toe 0.06 in

Rear: Right
Camber: -1.4 degree
Toe: 0.06 in

Rear
Total Toe: 0.11 in
Thrust Angle: 0.00 degree

As you can see, before the alignment my toe was completely off. it was very hard to control the car at low and high speeds in a straight line. The car pulled horribly to one side especially with no power steering. Also, every little bump that it hit, i would hit it very hard. If i were to hit a bump on the right side of the car, it would launch my car to the left (kinda scary)

After the alignment, car felt very good. Handling has improved dramatically. i have a better feel of the car and am not hitting bumps as hard. Ride is a little harsh but to me is fine. This is due to the very high spring rate.

The tires are a pain to fit. I had to roll all the fenders to avoid some rubbage. i still get some though, I just think the azenis tires are just too big. These tires are very sticky though and i love it.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
As you can see, before the alignment my toe was completely off. it was very hard to control the car at low and high speeds in a straight line. The car pulled horribly to one side especially with no power steering. Also, every little bump that it hit, i would hit it very hard. If i were to hit a bump on the right side of the car, it would launch my car to the left (kinda scary)
I know what you mean, I had the same problem. It did make the wheel turn alot easier though since my wheels looked like this > \ / :lol: it kinda felt like I had powersteering. I also have the koni sport neuspeed editions, I think they are great :thumbs up:

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh i agree with you that turning was easier with terrible toe but it is some scary crap

what kinda springs you got?

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
admin--are you happy w/ your Ground Controls? I was thinking about getting them.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Yeah, I like them alot :thumbs up: I used to have prokits before them, but the drop wasn't enough for me.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
yeah, all you have to do is jack up that wheel, unlock them and twist them to adjust.

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How about the ride quality? Is your ride more harsh with the Ground Controls?

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
It all depends how much you lower it, the lower you go the more harsh the ride. They are made with eibach springs, so overall the ride is good, especially with koni yellows. What shocks are you planning on getting with them? And how low do you want to go?

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm planning to get KYB Agx shocks and I don't want to lower it more than 1.5"

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Then the ride quality should be good especially since they are adjustable shocks. I thought you were getting KYB's and just wanted to make sure you weren't lower it more than 1.5" since it the voids warranty.

civicjoe8

anomaly8
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmm...well I thought that I would need the coilovers to adjust the height of the suspension. I didn't know that lowering your ride more than 1.5" voids the warrenty...well I already voided it with the cold-air intake...lol. I don't think my stock springs are compatible with just the KYB's. You don't think I should get the complete suspension system?