Finding Engines...

JrG17m

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi everyone. My Name is Justin and I have a 94 Civic EX Sedan and I bought it with about 148,000 miles on it. Well I decided tthat its time to go with a swap...Im thinking B16...but anyway...I found a couple of sites like jdmpower.net or something like that but does anyone have more sites that sell engines...or sites that you have bought from and liked the results. And if you have any sites for selling turbo kits...let me know. Thanks!:smile:

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to the club Justin (#3) lol

try www.streetimports.com they have b16's, b18's and more

JrG17m

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmm....

Thanks! Its always nice to find a site get you can find all the help you need. Got another question: On my D16Z with about 150,000 miles on it...how long do you think it will handle a bolt on turbo kit? Assuming that everything is runs good with the fuel mixture and not boosting too high. Would it be worth attempting? It seems to be way cheaper than a swap and some put out some nice hp gains...:cool:

STD570

4DR FO SHO
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow! i bought my car when it has 150,000 miles on it also! weird! i bought it like 2 yrs ago though HAHA, and it still runs..it got over 185,000 on it right now , with some problem like the release bearings on my clutch, possible piston knockin, and other crap, but bout to do a B16A2 swap on it myself. Hopefully this century.

Doin a turbo on a high millage motor is kinda risky, internal parts may be worn down, depending if the motor was ran hard from the start.

try www.jdmhondaparts.com also

egcivx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmotorsonline.com = good
ive been on honda-tech.com and everyone seems to like hmotors, im personally looking right now too
but a few others are flashoptions.com (havent heard nething about em yet)
and streetimports.com
jdmpower.net
nipponmotors.com < i think thats it (use google)
uhh... thats all i can think of right now
its a good start but the first two are the ones i am seiously looking at... but yea jus take a look:shock:
and have fun

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've heard Street Imports sucks to deal with, but coulda been a one time thing.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
never heard of passwordjdm? well the sell pretty much only jdm stuff and at relatively good prices. and the staf is very friendly as far as i can tell

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
www.inlinefour.com has some pretty good prices. a friend of mine got a pretty rare engine from them, and it went smoothly.

dont really know what their reputation is out on the net tho.