First Car - 1986 Honda Civic Hatchback

Discussion in 'Builds / Show Offs Archive (No Posting)' started by Q-DUB, Nov 20, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. Q-DUB

Q-DUB New Member

I bought a nice '86 Honda Civic back in August, that didn't start at all. Since then, I have remove the exhaust, intake, and cylinder head. While all of the intake valves are bent and won't close completely, the reason why I didn't get compression in any of my cylinders and got backfire through the carb, the pistons seem to be undamaged. I'm thinking to either replace the head with a salvage yard head or have the one I have get its valves replaced for about 3 times the price. What do you guys think?

Also, if I were to replace the head I would need to know which heads would fit the D15A2 (EW-1) engine. I would look myself, but school gets in the way.

Thanks for viewing.

2. civicspencer

civicspencer New Member Registered VIP

Why do something that is 3 time more expensive
    Also the search button Is only a couple clicks away.
    Post pics