First Car - 1986 Honda Civic Hatchback

Q-DUB

I bought a nice '86 Honda Civic back in August, that didn't start at all. Since then, I have remove the exhaust, intake, and cylinder head. While all of the intake valves are bent and won't close completely, the reason why I didn't get compression in any of my cylinders and got backfire through the carb, the pistons seem to be undamaged. I'm thinking to either replace the head with a salvage yard head or have the one I have get its valves replaced for about 3 times the price. What do you guys think?

Also, if I were to replace the head I would need to know which heads would fit the D15A2 (EW-1) engine. I would look myself, but school gets in the way.

Thanks for viewing.

civicspencer

Registered VIP
I bought a nice '86 Honda Civic back in August, that didn't start at all. Since then, I have remove the exhaust, intake, and cylinder head. While all of the intake valves are bent and won't close completely, the reason why I didn't get compression in any of my cylinders and got backfire through the carb, the pistons seem to be undamaged. I'm thinking to either replace the head with a salvage yard head or have the one I have get its valves replaced for about 3 times the price. What do you guys think?

Also, if I were to replace the head I would need to know which heads would fit the D15A2 (EW-1) engine. I would look myself, but school gets in the way.

Thanks for viewing.
Why do something that is 3 time more expensive
Also the search button Is only a couple clicks away.
Post pics