First post 1995 Ex with D16y7 v-tec issues.

lolopez999

update> I couldn't get the dizzy to work so I pulled them both opened them up and seemed the rotors were opposite of each other. So I pulled and adjusted them to mimic each other. Still didn't seem to work, turned over but didn't start. So I went to Oreilys and a friend thats a manager there let me try a dizzy they had that had been there 3 years lol. SAME!!!! Irritation set in, but anyhoo my friend asked if I was sure about the firing order, and I thought so since I took a picture. He looked it up and re arranged to what seems like the generic or usual order and guess what yall????? Thats effin right the she started and sounded AMAZING. So we adjusted the ignition timing and got it to idle a bit better. took her for a spin, and WOW, I wanted to cry when the V kicked in.... Long story short NO more CEL!(for now). Power was right on. Im assuming they replaced the dizzy from a different model or incompatible or I dont know but the firing order was wrong or different. Hope this helps!!!! Thanks for all the help guys Ill be back soon . Bet Ya!! Peace

Last edited:

lolopez999

Last question... When adjusting the ignition timing do we have to complete the circuit on the jumper while doing it? Shes misfiring a little, wondering if this is why... Thanks again

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
1-3-4-2 is the firing order. Dont set the timing until the engine is at operating temp and at normal idle rpm. What the hell did you have messed up to not have a dizzy fire? Theres a line on cam n dizzy input that will let it fit one way, not knockin you just curious what happened.. pics pls will help anyone who has the same prob and how to properly diagnose if this is searched.

Sent from my boujea ass phone

lolopez999

I'm guessing the previous owner put a random dizzy on the car that wasn't compatible, which made the car run like crap all together. I ordered the aem replacement from parts galaxy on Amazon. I took a picture of the wire locations replaced the diZZzy and set them the same and it wouldn't crank. So my friend looked up firing order of 95 civic and we used that firing order and it worked. We then set the ignition timing after the car warned up. The pictures are the way the prev owner had it rigged. I have to jumper and warm engine before setting ignition timing or the ecu will revert right?

Attachments