First time to the track

*CiViCcOuPe*

yeszur
5+ Year Member
***UPDATE*** First time to the track

Well tonights the night late night drags at portland international raceway, going to be my first time racing 1/4 mile, bit nervous never done this before. Nothing special yet under the hood have d16y8 manual tranny aem intake and dc sports short shifter i did some research on stock 1/4 mile 2000 civic ex coupe it is 16.5 to 16.8 so we will see what happens. I will let you all know how i did and download some time slips for ya'll. :lol:

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool, good luck. dont be nervous, its no big deal. just dont stall :lol:

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GL man. Let us know how u do!

Quebec_Civic

JDM? Is that A Brand?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i did 16.4 with my y7 good luckk >`

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
get it done buddy, i have a y8 with intake and header, im curious to see what you get so i can get an idea what to expect when the races at the Q come around again

RockintheEKoupe

Icantbelieveitjustbroke!
5+ Year Member
Careful, dont overrev. Y8's like to spin rod bearings. and lift all the way when you shift.

1999CivicEX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Suanico said:
get it done buddy, i have a y8 with intake and header, im curious to see what you get so i can get an idea what to expect when the races at the Q come around again
:werd: lost of them

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i ran a 16.4 on my y8 w/ aem sri and b&m short shifter...and magnaflow muffler

*CiViCcOuPe*

yeszur
5+ Year Member
***update***

Well got the results in. Honda Civic EX Coupe Pretty much Stock except Aem short ram intake and race weight was 2765 first run was against a buddy of mine in a 97 coupe i/h/e. My first second and third run i had major wheel hop off the line i launched at 4k and my last one I burned out before and launched at 3 1/2k it was alot smoother and broke 80mph :lol: It sure was a lot of fun i must say. enjoy.

rcya2

5+ Year Member
Pir

Hey whats going on so i noticed you said your going to portland international raceway...i went for my first time awhile ago i ran 14.4 in a 97 black hx coupe with an itr swap i still havent got it running right but yea i usually go down there with friends im from longview washington....you really shouldnt be nervous tho its hella fun my first time i was nervous and its the funnest thing ever maybe sometime ill see you down there....

*CiViCcOuPe*

yeszur
5+ Year Member
rcya2 said:
Hey whats going on so i noticed you said your going to portland international raceway...i went for my first time awhile ago i ran 14.4 in a 97 black hx coupe with an itr swap i still havent got it running right but yea i usually go down there with friends im from longview washington....you really shouldnt be nervous tho its hella fun my first time i was nervous and its the funnest thing ever maybe sometime ill see you down there....
for sure sounds good just look for the 00 civic ex coupe with the greddy front lip silver

rcya2

5+ Year Member
ya i will you should look for me sometime.. well actually i wont be coming back for awhile lol i blew my differential and i still gotta get my car running right...

*CiViCcOuPe*

yeszur
5+ Year Member
RedLine42 said:
hey redline42 just wondering my launches really sucked ass bunch of wheel hop on street tires launched at 4000rpm and did one at 3500 but still had shitty launch just wondering should i launch lower than that about 3000rpm or even 2500rpm??? just a newby to the whole drag racing thing but i have to say it was a hell of a lot of fun.

StanghaterCivic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummm i run the times in a 95 civic Dx........ive run my car in the 1/8th not to 1/4 but my car runs in the 10s in the 1/8th at 64 to 65 mph and ur only running 62? something must be up.....anyways good runs to be ur first time

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
how is that ur only running 80mph when i have pretty much dead stock motor and im running 85.42 mph and running a 16.4 and 1/8th was 10.4 at 67mph..umm best rpm 2 launch at 2 me is around 3700 rpm if u try launchin at 2500-3000 rpm u call will bogg down like crazy in 2nd gear......