Flex Pipe...

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does anyone have an extra flex pipe or know how much they would cost? apparently the reason why my pipe keeps breakin on me is cause the flex pipe is gone. i never knew that as a problem.
anyone heard of this?

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
que?............

D Grade

NOT Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What are you talking about? A "flex section" for an exhaust? Shouldn't be a problem if you are still using the spring loaded bolts where the header and cat meet.

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
D Grade said:
What are you talking about? A "flex section" for an exhaust? Shouldn't be a problem if you are still using the spring loaded bolts where the header and cat meet.
ok i just got my exhuast done and i told him what has been going on that it keeps getting lose. i know to blame the welder. he just didn't know how to weld. well he pointed out that i need to have a flex pipe. I know about the spring loaded bolt and yes it is there. he insist that i get it. I've never seen it on my civic before...he wanted me to pay him $95 for it installed. i skipped it...

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I paid like $80 for mine I have a 3in exhaust though. The exact same thing happened to me, my pipe broke at the welds like 3 times before I got my flex pipe

D Grade

NOT Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's a must to have a flex section in any exhaust. However, the spring loaded factory bolts on Hondas are an exception. They allow the movement necessary that a flex section would yield. The only reason why you would need a flex section is if you are not using those bolts anymore.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe you have bed motor mounts and your egine is moving alot

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the bolt on is gone and yes i need to check the motor mounts. I need to put both anyway. i think i need a new radiator too...damn...if it's not one thing it's another.