FMIC and Water

blueline

JDM Jerzy Domestic Market
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Justa question on what the outcome of this mix is and anyones experience. I was just thinking about it as it dropped about 2" of rain here in about 15min. Everyone screams about CAI and hyrdolocking in puddles but won't the same thing happen if you somewhat submerge your intercooler?

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
intercoolers are sealed, so....

blueline

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey, new to the boosted thing, just a question.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
actually ive heard stories where ppl spray the intercooler with water so it will run cooler.....water = good for intercooler

blueline

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes, I've seen the water cooled versions and they are hella complex, my dilemma was what if I went through a puddle (though I go around them even now) and say some part of my FMIC got submerged. I was just wondering if there was enough vaccumn to suck up any of it through the fins into the plumbing. However if it's a sealed system then it wouldn't happen I guess. Thanks for the help.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
blueline said:
Yes, I've seen the water cooled versions and they are hella complex, my dilemma was what if I went through a puddle (though I go around them even now) and say some part of my FMIC got submerged. I was just wondering if there was enough vaccumn to suck up any of it through the fins into the plumbing. However if it's a sealed system then it wouldn't happen I guess. Thanks for the help.
your FMIC is like a radiator... water cant be sucked into it at all.

ryanM

blueline said:
no, that would actually be a good thing (well, not really, but technically, it would cool the air very nicely)

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your front mount gets submerged you got bigger problems to worry about.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
If your front mount gets submerged you got bigger problems to worry about.
exactly