Foglight install help

Partizan

im gay n proud luv my car
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am going to try to install my esuse fogs this weekend. First off, is this where I should cut? (green). DO i cut out all of it or what?

In the instructions, it says I have to disconnect my battery..but if I do that then radio won't work..right? I don't have the activation code for that. Do i have to disconnect the battery or can I do it without doing that?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't forget to take the entire bumper cover off to make the cutting easier. Good luck. It's not that hard.

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
only cut that crossmember there, dont cut the whole thing

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes cut the parts in green. not all of it. there are also smaller plastic pieces inside that green are u highlighted with holes in em, DONT cut those they hold the foglights up with screws.

i didnt take off my bumper i just used shears and cut it carefully. i installed a depo kit, and it was easy, and i suck at electrical. but here is how mine went, maybe itll help u out.

inside the car, there was the switch to turn em on and off. the wires that went there were
1. a plug that connects only to the switch
2. a black ground wire
3. a brown 1 pin plug that should connect to slot 5 in your fuse box INSIDE
4. red power wire u need to run through firewall

then i installed the fogs. my left side fog had a ground, so i took care of that. now that red wire you ran through the firewall, you need to connect that to the red positive of the battery. i just took off the nut and connected it. make sure your grounds are connected right. then connect the two plugs into the foglights.

finally, plug in the relay that they give you to the 4 pin plug. check the fuse in the kit, and u should be good to go.

Partizan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What about the battery? I can't disconect it since I don't know the radio code. Can I do it without disconnecting the battery?

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i did a very brief how-to fog light install here <~~ click

i dont know about the battery. i dont remember if i disconnected mine or not. i would tho just to be safe.

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've heard people say that if you pull out the radio and look on the side or the top, I think the activation code is on it. Pull it out and see. Just don't disconnect it.

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Might be in the glove box too on a sticker, I've heard alot of places where it could be but I have an aftermarket radio now and I really don't remember.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Go to Honda and get your code .... it's not rocket science :lol:

Partizan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So just to a honda dealership? How would they provide me the code?

Partizan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
HAH! I finally finished fog install. It was a b***h! The wiring was a b***h cause I couldn't reach one of the connectors in the engine bay for like an hour..and also near the fuse box..im too big rofl

aizn

5+ Year Member
Partizan said:
HAH! I finally finished fog install. It was a b***h! The wiring was a b***h cause I couldn't reach one of the connectors in the engine bay for like an hour..and also near the fuse box..im too big rofl
so did u have to get the activation code for the battery?

AutoFanatik

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Partizan said:
I did it without disconnecting the battery.
blah blah blah PICTURES!!!!! lol jk man, good job & congrats i had a hella hard time with mine too cuz the brown plug was retaped up under a subframe bar outta sight.

Partizan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah it was a pain in the rear to connect it. SOme of the pics I took are in the members section.

jonesEK

5+ Year Member
Partizan said:
Yeah it was a pain in the rear to connect it. SOme of the pics I took are in the members section.
BOOOO shoulda posted some here... or atleast linked it for my lazy ass.