Freakin engine problems!

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okay, i have a 2000 ex. i took off and painted my valve cover yesterday. after putting it back on, the car idled very roughly. i checked all my connections and reconnected everything and it still did the same, except now with the engine check light on...PLEASE HELP!

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
Did you tighten the bolts back up in the right pattern with a torque wrench to the right specs?

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
um..... did you remember to seal the valve cover with silicone? could be a vacuum leak.......

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got it...just my vacuum hoses. problem solved

98civichx

SILVER EJ7
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shouldve had it powdercoated lasts longer than paint
:shock:

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had the same prob once. with the hoses. i pulled one out when i was changing my oil once, and for the life of me, i could NOT figure it the fukk out.

yur engine light should turn off after another 100 miles or so.

OveRBoOSTCiViC

VIETNAMEZE
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bump

Reset the ECU, Check for your Idle sensor if it idles funny adjust it.. but i dont get why theres a Check Engine light when you tak off the cover. Because the cover got nothing to do with your engine harness. Maybe something fell inside your head/valves when you take off your cover . Holla back

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, that and my dumbass decided it would be tight if i broke a sprak plug wire boot while i was taking them out