From normal 6th gen tails to Si tails, Turn signal light?

leon

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People who have gone from regular 6th gen or non Red over white tails who went to those tails did you get a yellow bulb for your turn signal? Mine is white now.. I'm not sure if the police will harass me or not so I'm thinking of getting a yellow bulb.

-Leon

tAylor!

EM1 Driver
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turn signals HAVE to be amber(not yellow)

leon

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
excuuuuuse me.. Amber.. I guess I'll be on my way out to secure some 12v-21W amber bulbs.

-Leon

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nah, i run with polarg white bulbs. No problems yet. Even had an undercover car right behind me and I used the turn signal. No problem with him! I think if your car doesn't look like rice, most cops leave you alone.

leon

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmm.. I also came across an interesting problem when attempting to grab up some of these amber lights. My wiring harness isnt the same ans the 99-00 SI.. and I dont see a amber bulb for my style of socket. I guess I could try and paint them.. lol.. or maybe snag a another harness.

-Leon

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive had em for a while and havent had trouble so far.... im just to lazy to get the amber bulbs i kinda wanted to find the LED amber ones

RiceGirl

Luv my labbie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If your authorized to go on a military base, PMO might give you a hard time. :???:

leon

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
great.. lol .. guess I better figure something out.

-Leon

matts2ksi

save water...drink beer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
speedcivic93 said:
turn signals HAVE to be amber(not yellow)
Ah, there's alot of cars out there with Red turn signals as well...I think you'll be fine with the whites...the only problem is they are difficult to see during the day in sunlight!

A cop (having a bad day) may just tell you to switch 'em out.

9civic7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i put the amber ones in the rear when i changed my si tails

leon

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
9civic7 said:
i put the amber ones in the rear when i changed my si tails
Where did you get bulbs that fit the 96-98 tail light harnesses.. I cant seem to find the right bulb. The bulb that is meant for my car is white.. and I found that.. but I cant use white I need amber.. lol

-Leon

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wouldnt worry about it ... i see lots of cars driving around with altezzas that have whites in the blinker and never get pulled. I also had whites in my bumper lenses on my old civic and was never pulled either, they were bright as f**k!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what do u mean by "normal 6th gen tails"?? the tri-color tails are 96-98. the bi-color tails are 99-00. it has nothing to do with trim.

Nok

96 EX Civic Coupe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In Utah, white bulbs are illegal as f**k and you'll get popped immediately.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what about for reverse lights?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
all depends on where you live.. check the statutes at your state leg website.. Here in FL, Turn signals can either be white or amber

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what about red?

leon

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I just got two stock red over white harnesses and all is well now. I drove around for a couple days with the white , which was ok, but like someone mentioned, the white was harder to see.

-Leon

lj17

vsmc #7 cccc #169
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
leon i ran into the EXACT same problem. i wanted the amber bulbs but couldn't find them either. i don't think anyone even makes amber bulbs that size in a "wedge" style. the only wedge style i found were clear, like stock. i'm sure you found the amber bulbs in the round, twist in style, but i assume you would need a 99-00 harness to use them.
what i did was....
i found some amber bulbs that were the wedge style, BUT, had plastic on the base and would fit in the harness, but wouldn't snap in and stay there. i found them at advance auto parts, and they are Sylvania 3157NALL (NA for amber and LL for long life :???: ). there are also other part numbers, but the bulbs look identical. the only differences i found were the color of the plastic base, either black or gray. (the above part number should be gray). they are actually a dual filament bulb, but if you hold them in the harness tight, both filaments will light up, and they are nice and bright like the stock bulbs. i got them and put them in the harness and hot glued around the plastic base of the bulb and the harness to hold them in there, but since hot glue isn't that great, they fell off after a while (i think the hot glue didn't like cold temps either. it was brittle and i just pulled the old glue off). you might use some high strengh glue or epoxy, or even jb weld to hold them in, but then it would be a b***h to change them if they burnt out. what i found worked great and have had NO problems thus far. i used small zip tys and "threaded" them through the harness and around the plastic base of the bulb. i pulled them good and tight, cut off the excess, and they hold great. and if/when ever i need to change one i can just cut the zip and redo it with a new one. sorry i don't have any pics, but if you really want to see how i did it, i might be able to get a hold of a camera. i hope this helps, let me know if you need more or have ?s.

lj17

vsmc #7 cccc #169
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dammit! i type too slow and didn't see your last post. oh well, at least you got the amber bulbs now 8)