Front driver side CV Axle Problems

payne4200

I got a 01 Honda Civic LX MT non vtech, and no abs, but took my front driver side wheel hub off and put it back on, now my CV axle doesn't want to go into the hub, I have used WD-40, and grease. What else can I do, is there a trick to it...

Starbloom

The transmission side has a clip and the hub side doesn't have one. I remembered it was very smooth going in. Look up the service manual for details.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

payne4200

Here is a pic of my wheel hub, doesn't look damaged or anything, been through 2 remanufactured axles already that go in transmission fine but not the wheel hub.this time I bought a brand new one, will try to get that one in when the rain moves out.

Attachments

payne4200

I bought the CV axle from AutoZone for 40 bucks, remanufactured not new, it wouldn't fit into the hub, and looked like crap but had new boots on it, took it back and swapped it out with another one, same thing, so took it back and bought a new one from advance for 75 bucks and haven't tried putting it in yet cause of the weather. I heard a lot of people that buy AutoZone parts for Honda have problems with the parts not fitting right.

payne4200

New axle did the trick, now on to the oil pan, and oil pump, when I put my water pump on do I need to use some teflon tape on bolts, or what should I use.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Lot of new joins with no input or help to others just ?? About xyz 19xx car loose bolt making no fuel or spark, will this fit that and how cheap..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

payne4200

My feedback is buy a new CV axle, and I appreciate any advice from anyone, I'm doing all this by myself and sorry for not stopping and taking pics. Just on a time frame to get it all done, the splines on the new axle were smaller and deeper, the only difference I could see, the reman axles were alot shallower and the tips of the splines were rounded off a lil bit. My first time experiencing these problems but I will be happy to give any advice or help to anyone that runs into the same problems I had. Thanks so much for any help someone gives me.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
So were the 2 reman labled wrong or were the spindles/hubs changed at some point? Dont make sence..
And were not singling you out just lately alot of first posts are fix n gone.. iv not been on here long but have been on H-T since 02ish, have built multiple hondas and have seen my share of problems that i am willing to share.. again dont take it personal, us ageing ol pricks give the next wave a hard time..

Sent from my boujea ass phone

payne4200

Hey civtech, I think that's what happened, but 2 of them, from 2 different stores, lol I guess it happens, you get what you pay for I guess. I wasn't offended just wanted people to know I'm willing to help out with my experience.