Front end noise 9thgen Si

'13K24Si

Respected
I have a clanking noise (something like metal on pavement) coming from my drivers side front tire at low speeds. It also was recently aligned. Some other symptoms are, it will intermittently feel like I have a tire out of balance and then the TPMS will activate. I can stop the car and the TPMS signal will cancel. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what is going on?

'13K24Si

Respected
It turns out the problem was the TPMS. It had broken away from the valve stem and was clanking between the inside of the tire and rim. It was also causing the tire to go out of balance. I'm still unsure of why it was only occasionally sending the TPMS signal to my computer. I would have thought it would've stayed on consistently being that it was broken at the stem.

'13K24Si

Respected
It seemed reasonable to me that if it was broken off it probably wouldn't work or would completely malfunction, not only occasionally.

'13K24Si

Respected
I suppose much in the same way that the tire and rim are two separate things yet if there's a hole in the tire, the tire and rim will not operate properly. Also, should the rim become damaged to a certain degree, the tire and rim won't work properly.