fuel injector install question

tomp

I am not going to start the car(or attempt to until everything is back in place).
The car is a 1991 civic with the dual port injection system.
I am waiting on a new set of spark plugs, and 2 new fuel injectors.
My question is about the installation of the new fuel injectors.

Is there any special prep i need to be aware of while i am installing them?
Meaning, is it recommended that i put oil or vase line on the O rings before i install them.?

Or, do i just take them out of the package, push them in, tighten them up, and that is end of story?.
The plugs i imagine just have to be gapped correctly, and carefully inserted with out cross threading them. I think i will be OK with that part.

Also, when the new injectors are in, do i have to prime them somehow, so gas goes through them??

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
here are installation instructions:

tomp

Are these photos from the factory service manual? They are SO much better than what i see in the Haynes manual.
Any place i can dowload one and store it on the computer??.
BTW, thank you for the reply, and the photo.!!

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Are these photos from the factory service manual? They are SO much better than what i see in the Haynes manual.
Any place i can dowload one and store it on the computer??.
BTW, thank you for the reply, and the photo.!!
yes, these are from the Helms Factory Service Manual for the USDM 91 CRX (Civic is mostly the same, except for body)

go here and click on "QuickHonda CRX Manual" - it is a .zip file

http://www.thezcr.com/forums/showthread.php?p=178631#post178631

you can also download the L3 transmission manual

most of the other manuals you will see on the net are for the UK EDM version of these cars and the EDM cars are not the same as USDM - they don't have DPFI D15 engines in UK and therefore nothing in the manual in this regard

tomp

yes, these are from the Helms Factory Service Manual for the USDM 91 CRX (Civic is mostly the same, except for body)

go here and click on "QuickHonda CRX Manual" - it is a .zip file

http://www.thezcr.com/forums/showthread.php?p=178631#post178631

you can also download the L3 transmission manual

most of the other manuals you will see on the net are for the UK EDM version of these cars and the EDM cars are not the same as USDM - they don't have DPFI D15 engines in UK and therefore nothing in the manual in this regard
Yup, that is the one i wanted. A real manual that shows good diagrams. Thank you so much.

tomp

According to step 5, it says to coat O rings with oil then put them on the injector.

OK, i have brand new injectors coming eventually. So do i need to take the O rings off and coat them?, or just coat them while they are on the new injector?.

Or do nothing at all, and insert them into to the chamber, as is?.

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
According to step 5, it says to coat O rings with oil then put them on the injector.

OK, i have brand new injectors coming eventually. So do i need to take the O rings off and coat them?, or just coat them while they are on the new injector?.

Or do nothing at all, and insert them into to the chamber, as is?.
they should come with the O-rings loose in the package - just coat the O-rings in oil, put them on the injectors and install the injectors in the throttle body

tomp

they should come with the O-rings loose in the package - just coat the O-rings in oil, put them on the injectors and install the injectors in the throttle body

I was just wondering, if the new injectors would come with O rings, and if they would be on the injector already.

I pulled both of the injectors out of the car yesterday, and i noticed 1 of them had the O rings all loose and were able to spin pretty easy.
I am just wondering if this may be the reason i was getting the code 16.
Still waiting for the new ones to show up.