Fuel Injector swap

90CIVICguy

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 90 civic dx 4 door that has the basic mods like a tenzo r exhaust, ractive ram air intake, denso spark plugs and ractive wires but I heard that if you swap a 88-91 civic Si fuel injector in it to replace the programable fuel injector, its the most efficent HP gain. Is this true, and how much am I looking at to spend on this? Does Anyone know :?:[/url]

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you mean the intake manifold? yes, You can swap out your DMPFI manifold for the Si MPFI manifold. It gives better flow, and some power. If you go down to any autoparts store you can get a haynes or helms manual, and it explains how to do everything step by step. This was also done to a car in import tuner awhile back.

ASMD

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car used to be the 60 something whatever hp STD when I first got it, then I had gotten a low mileage DX motor with a 5 speed tranny. . . . that made a bit of a difference, but the best gain in performance that I had noticed (overtop of the header, 2.25" exhaust, vibrant overaxle/muffler/tail pipe/tip, vibrant header, and wires that I had noticed was doing the MPFI swap that you're talking about. . . do that swap with an 88-89 teg RS computer, and you would be laughing. . . it makes so much of a difference. . . kinda early in the morning, but if you're interested, I can get some links, or even type out how to do it. . . I've done 4 or 5 of them so far (dual points to multi points).