Fuel leak,need quick fix

joecrowe

my 2000 lx is leak in fuel its dripping good looking from front of car i can see the gas dripping while running,
its about -5 out so whats the best way to fix this quick should i use compression fittings and fuel line or?any help would be great,and thanx much for the help.doesnt drip while car is off,not sure if it drips rigght after i turn the car off

joecrowe

It's hard to see but it's under the cover,its not coming from the fuel line I don't see,it's dripping from the bracket,seems as if it's coming from inside the car,under back seat,didn't get to pull back seat out

Attachments

joecrowe

Any help would be great,I have not changed a fuel pump before,I think there under back seat,so and videos from youtube,or what not would be great,looking for a quick fix because it's been below zero for 3 weeks in NH

Restotech

Respected
You will need to remove the back seat bottom and remove the access panel under the seat. It's not to difficult. Could be the hose coming off of the top of the pump or could be a rusted out hard line. There is a fuel feed and return hose and hard lines in that area.

joecrowe

You will need to remove the back seat bottom and remove the access panel under the seat. It's not to difficult. Could be the hose coming off of the top of the pump or could be a rusted out hard line. There is a fuel feed and return hose and hard lines in that area.
Looks like the lines have been replaced,the pic with the wreach is on the compression fittings for both lines,where the wrench is on the line thats how far back they are new,i thought the fiytings might be leaking but they are not,its coming from wjere the line binds up into the car,the lines look ok,WHAT KIND OF LINE IS UNDER THE SEAT,WHAT LINE SHOULD I BUY TO REPLACE,IS IT CLIPPED ON U WONDER IF THE CLIP BROKE

joecrowe

You took that out of context,it was a question,but I'll just look it up in the manual thanx all

Restotech

Respected
You took that out of context,it was a question,but I'll just look it up in the manual thanx all
I say this because if their are unions and new line going towards the top of the tank, that means someone has been in there doing repairs and not using factory parts. Which means there is no telling what they did up there without removing the fuel pump access panel and having a look.