Funny engine sound...?

innerasian

Green Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:cry: :cry: Man guys i need some help, whenever i turn my engine on, like in the morning i hear like this uhh clinging sound from my engine...i dno how to describe, its like a rattle.. i thought it was from my intake but its not. It also makes the rattle sound when i accelerate..damn any clues on wat the problem is? i really wanna get this fixed cuz its distracting me.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
open your hood and have someone else turn on your car, and try to get close on where the rattling is coming from. theres a lot of metal and stuff under there, so its hard to say what coulnd be making a clinging rattling sound

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it might be your heat shields to. check them out

innerasian

Green Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aight fellas thanks, im gonna have to try that, its scary tho cuz i hear it from all around...and i abused my car kind of a lot, i stopped ever since i herd the sound, but ill look for it

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does it sound like really fast clicking or ticking....? if so, tighten your spark plugs to spec........ if that doesn't do it, then you'll need a valve adjustment

innerasian

Green Member
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmm not a clicking,, but more of rattling... i know its below the engine bay cuz i put my ear to my intake and it sounds like it from there but then i go to the other side and damn i hear it too