future boosted 99ex sedan with A/C

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey guys whats up, i used to have a boosted hx coupe until a guy at work rear ended my car. i bought a 99 ex sedan about 2 weeks ago completely stock for 4000, yesterday i removed all my stock stuff and swapped it for my function and form type 2 and camber kits.

Exterior
-drag dr-41 +40mm
- will install my vibrant performance muffler when i go turbo

Suspension
-function and form type 2
-buddy club front and rear camber kits
-buddy club titanium colored lower control arms

Motor
-stock d16y8
-BOOST PARTS
------------------
-go autoworks v2 cast manifold and down pipe
-garrett t3 60 trim .42/.48ar
-chipped ecu from xenocron
-xenocron obd2b-obd1 conversion harness
-FIC 525cc(fuel injector clinic) injectors
-go autoworks catchcan and welded valve cover
-hks ssqv3 bov
-turbosmart 7psi black wastegate
-turbosmart manual boost controller
-ebay fmic
-home made charge piping

Interior
- superbrightleds greed led gauge cluster
-superbrightleds green climate control
- glowshift 7 color boost/vacuum gauge
-glowshift 7 color oil pressure
-will be buying innovate motorsports DB green lc-2 wideband to replace my poopy slow glowshift wideband
-oem honda floor mats

boost
- soon enough this will be boosted, need to sell a few things that were on my coupe since it didnt have ac and my sedan does. then i need to purchase the ac compatible stuff

the day i got it

and this is how she sits now

Yosemite valley

superbrightleds in the top of the cluster and green in the back

Last edited:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got some led put into my center console and installed my new db lc1 gauge and pillar pod, nothing is hooked up right now as i have to wait to boost my car since i now owe 1200$ in taxes

installed my clear timing cover and valve cover with catch can

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Looks good man!

That thing will be awesome once it's boosted.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
boost should be fun. that size turbo will be a fun daily drive.
better than a homemade intercooler piping, this kit is a direct install, just have to cut one piping and it'll fit perfect, and it looks way better than the ones made for the civic too (civic piping uses the intake hole on the chassis)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRE-INTEGRA-INTERCOOLER-PIPING-FITS-HKS-SSQV-BOV-/370909678512?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item565bf08bb0

that is the exact same kind of piping I had on my old car except I had the type s flange.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks good man!

That thing will be awesome once it's boosted.
yes it will, hoping for 200-220whp reliably. on my old hx i was making 166whp 149tq and it was only so low because i had like 5.5psi after intercooler pressure drop and i didnt have a boost controller to turn it up

boost should be fun. that size turbo will be a fun daily drive.
better than a homemade intercooler piping, this kit is a direct install, just have to cut one piping and it'll fit perfect, and it looks way better than the ones made for the civic too (civic piping uses the intake hole on the chassis)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SRE-INTEGRA-INTERCOOLER-PIPING-FITS-HKS-SSQV-BOV-/370909678512?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item565bf08bb0

that is the exact same kind of piping I had on my old car except I had the type s flange.
i will have to look at your car again and check out the piping, all these parts i already have except for the manifold, downpipe and oil feed. my ramhorn was non ac compatible so i sold that and my downpipe was passenger exit so i will have to get a new ac compatible downpipe also, the oil feed and sandwich adapter i had i left on the car when insurance came and took it.

my piping looks like crap but it works so i will probably use it for a while because im short on cash right now, while its off i might grind off my old harbor freight flux core bird poo welds and take it to work and weld it right with the arc machine to make sure there are no boost leaks.

this was on my old hx notice no ac and 96 front end

CO671

Registered VIP
Holy s**t, my dream build right here. You got the perfect canvas. I'm selling my Civic now but I will definitely stick around on this forum to see your progress, I'm not only subscribing, i'm bookmarking this. I'm hyped up to see what you got in store for it mc! Black, 4dr, EX, clean. I'd be so happy to start off with that. Best of luck man!

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Holy s***, my dream build right here. You got the perfect canvas. I'm selling my Civic now but I will definitely stick around on this forum to see your progress, I'm not only subscribing, i'm bookmarking this. I'm hyped up to see what you got in store for it mc! Black, 4dr, EX, clean. I'd be so happy to start off with that. Best of luck man!
why you selling out haha? ya i never really cared for sunroofs but since i bought this car i love it, the sunroof is awesome and its so nice having cruise control again. this is also the first car that i have ever owned with ac installed that actually works so i had to keep it.

im hoping to have it boosted in a few months but we will see, i have 400$ from selling a few of my old parts so that should get me a manifold, dumptube and hopefully oil feed line which leaves me with only needing a downpipe.

CO671

Registered VIP
why you selling out haha? ya i never really cared for sunroofs but since i bought this car i love it, the sunroof is awesome and its so nice having cruise control again. this is also the first car that i have ever owned with ac installed that actually works so i had to keep it.

im hoping to have it boosted in a few months but we will see, i have 400$ from selling a few of my old parts so that should get me a manifold, dumptube and hopefully oil feed line which leaves me with only needing a downpipe.
Lol selling out? Whaaaaa or selling yours? I got my dream car so my Civic needs to get out of the way.
Is there any actual problems with it? It looks incredibly clean like it rolled off the lot recently.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha jk im a huge honda person so i dont see myself dd any other car besides a honda, nope no problems with it yet. the cel did come on for cat converter but i put a spacer on the o2 and the cel hasnt come back, also has some abs codes but for some reason the light doesnt stay on so i dont care about the codes. the guy had it detailed right before he sold it to me and said his wife would only take it to honda for repairs.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got my manifold and oil feed / return from goautoworks, he made me a special kit because I wanted an all black feed firewall kit and return. All I need now is downpipe and a tune, thinking I will use my y5 tune as my basemap for my y8.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice Nice. Hopefully that wastegate isn't too high because my cousin had a cast iron manifold on his car with a Tial and it hit the hood a bit.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice Nice. Hopefully that wastegate isn't too high because my cousin had a cast iron manifold on his car with a Tial and it hit the hood a bit.
I sure hope its not, im hoping that the goautoworks manifold was designed around crap like that.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Trim and AR aren't measurements of the size of the turbo, they are characteristics of that specific turbo.

There are two measurements of the compressor, the inducer and the exducer. The measurement of the width of the inducer (from tip of one blade to the exact opposite side) is the number when you here someone say I have a XXmm turbo.

So you can have two turbos with a trim of 60 but one could have a 70mm inducer and the other a 50mm inducer.

The a/r is something about the radius of the discharge divided by the inlet area centerline or some dumb rocket science mumbo jumo that I really don't care about. The exhaust a/r is all that really matters when it comes to street cars.

Make sense?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ya that makes sense but I never really cared about that stuff I just know my turbo spools pretty quick and its ac compatible. Anyways what were you asking for, were you trying to see if its ac compatible or something?