GarageBuilt quest to build a PFWD EF! (56k go nap)

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
GarageBuilt weekend whore! ITB w/Direct port (56k go nap)

posting this from another forum im on to share with yall

Okay so I figured with all the changes and back n forth it was time to get it set in stone. Since then I have been busting my butt to work and do work to the car. This will be a thread full of WIN AND SEX! SFW tho lol. Over the last few months in hiding I have picked up a great sponsor, AFI Turbo. A lot of people know their stuff is some of the greatest high quality parts available in our market. I have worked with Brad setting up the right combination to get the times we are ultimately shooting for. Heres a run down of the setup:

Chasis:
1989 EF civic Hatch DX
converted to Si chasis harness

Suspension:
Ksport coilovers
Ksport LCA
Ksport camber kit
Russell SS brake line kit
Sitting on Konig Candy 15x7.5 +30

Motor:
B16A
ARP flywheel bolts
Fidanza flywheel
ARP pressure plate bolts
Competition clutch Stage 5
Clevite bearings
Brian Crower rods w/ ARP2000 rod bolts
CP 10.5:1 81.5mm pistons
Golden eagle OEM bored head gasket 81.5mm
Arp Head studs
GSR cams
Bisi cam gears
Gates Water pump
Gates high temp timing belt
Hondata Intake manifold gasket

Turbo setup:
AFI custom forward facing manifold T4 single 44mm vband
AFI B-series aluminum Intake manifold
Precision 6266 T4 .70A/R intake side .96A/R exhaust
Turbosmart Hypergate 45mm WG
Turbosmart 52mm Raceport BOV
Injector dynamics 1000cc

Much more will be added to this shortly. I am currently working on shaving the bay and respraying it so it will really shine my new parts. I also have to wait for my cam gears to get here since 1. I have been trying to get ahold of bisi for over 2 months now and finally contacted evolution industries who manufactures the cam gears and order through them. I hope to have this thing done by feb 2012. now on with the pics:

This is the last time I posted the car so we will go from here:

I am redoing the harness due to how unsatisfied I am by the way it is. Will most likely redo the chasis harness also.

beginning the shaving process and cutting to make room for the turbo:

parts on order are:

Skunk2 billet 74mm Throttle body
Bisi cam gears
Turbosmart bov
Turbosmart WG
FCS 5 gallon tank
Skunk2 Composite fuel rail
Brake booster delete
Oil catch can kit
Injector dynamics 1000cc
and im sure others stay tuned for updates!!!

hey if i can MIG together some mild steel and it doesnt crack, i think the dudes at AFI can TIG together some stainless SCH40 and have a solid product.
Exactly, hell you even jumped on it lol I am really happy with the manifold...

ANYWAYS updates: Parts started coming in so enjoy.

Well Since im broke as f*** and couldnt get any new parts and was at the fire station today I tried my luck at polishing aluminum...lol let me know what you think...all done BY HAND (my f***ing triceps feels like its about to fall the hell off). I started with 400, 800, 1000, 2000 then aluminum polish. lol

well this morning sure was a beautiful big day. My car was making its way to its new home until the project is done...last friday I sent my exhaust side off to get coated. so I took a pic of speedy the snail.

heres the plate I rattle can'd

and the intake mani I sanded/polished by hand lol

maybe I should just reverse the plenum and go rwd!!!!

stay tuned

Decipher

Registered VIP
dude... it's beautiful.

Is that rhino liner on your valve cover? That manifold is agressive. I've never seen a turbo breathing directly from the end of the exhaust manifold... usually just sipping from the side. Can't wait to see it all together, and a dyno sheet.

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude... it's beautiful.

Is that rhino liner on your valve cover? That manifold is agressive. I've never seen a turbo breathing directly from the end of the exhaust manifold... usually just sipping from the side. Can't wait to see it all together, and a dyno sheet.
Thanks man, its wrinkle black paint from VHT.

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well as all of you may have seen my other thread. I did get overwhelmed with it but I have a baby on the way now and needed to focus on debt/bills. more than the cars importance I have debt I need to pay off before the baby gets here. I finally figured out a budget that allows me to get it all payed off and then some with selling simply the turbo @#!*% .

I know I have changed my mind on this build as a lot has been going on in my personal life but this time im set on this and it will be running before the march meet. Hopefully painted/dyno tuned/ and sprayed. lol

This is just gonna be a play car now. Strictly NA with maybe some nitrous action in a little while. I have everything I need to get it running now. Just sent my harness off to Onatop (thank god for him) to take care of the most overwhelming part of this car off my chest. I am in the process of shaving the bay still and will hopefully finish that soon also. I def need to figure out what I am going to do for brakes. Maybe Ill luck up and find another BB delete for cheap. Stay tuned for updates lol

Here is how the bay sits now and for some updates!

Here was me ghetto rigging measurments for Onatop lol

AND new parts =)

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sad to see the build goals change, but atleast you have your priorities correct. im sure it will still be fun and look great

what header is that?

unix4linux

A baby is a blessing. The birth of my daughter a 1 1/2 ago paused my project financially so I know the responsibilities. I am back on track now and working on mine. Glad to see you are at least working on a goal. Good luck with everything =)

Anticipating good things from your project =)

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey yall, wow thanks for all the support guys. The header is a Bisi V2 replica, I have a lot of time and money not to mention busted knuckles, sweat n tears...I def have my priorities straight gotta take care of my girl and the baby. This car is just my escape from everything...I will be working on it all day today.

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I have spent about 10 hours on the car today, cutting, welding, sanding, painting, putting the new cam gears n header on, DIY moon cut valve cover and misc...on with the pics

now the moon cut

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Updates!!!

I picked up a new tool and have been going to town on the engine bay! I lost daylight today and decided to call it quits so stay tuned for engine bay pics tomorrow!

Yo, shoutout to P2R for donating these awesome Thermal gaskets. They are pretty legit!

Logan at Chasebays for the BB delete, and raychem products for my harness which Onatop is doing it up BALLER status.

Now this isnt all the updates this is all the pics I took today lol been kind of lazy! Def stay tuned tomorrow for all of you picture whores!!

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not as good as i have in them...learn this u will NEVER get what u have in them....idc if they are new. I just sold my injectors for 350shipped when i got them for 465

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah im jealous. id love to have those parts. i dont think daily driver with a brake booster delete is the best idea though...yet

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah im jealous. id love to have those parts. i dont think daily driver with a brake booster delete is the best idea though...yet
Not a Daily...just a weekend play car. It isnt bad if you have ever driven a car with it...just takes some getting used to.

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Got these in the mail today Jenvey ITB's got them for a STEAL!!! lol I may not keep these due to me going nitrous and the risk of tearing these up but we will see.

Sweet just found a BNIB NX nitrous kit for 375! score! this car has turned out to be deal central lol

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not a Daily...just a weekend play car. It isnt bad if you have ever driven a car with it...just takes some getting used to.
eh i need to ride in one to decide if id do it or not. im not one for caring if a car is a good daily or not. mine already isnt

Got these in the mail today Jenvey ITB's got them for a STEAL!!! lol I may not keep these due to me going nitrous and the risk of tearing these up but we will see.

Sweet just found a BNIB NX nitrous kit for 375! score! this car has turned out to be deal central lol
ah i say keep them. i had seen a really sweet nitrous set up where they actually ran hardlines around and into the tops of each itb and it sprayed in. looked awesome and sounded awesome

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Definitely baller build, that turbo is crazy!
Thanks buddy, Just trying to do it right.

Okay so I decided to break the ITB's back down and clean them, inspect them, and paint the head flange adapter. I noticed a few thing and will prob just end up modding them.

I noticed they dont have the injector indention since the injector is in the throttle body itself...I wonder how this will effect flow. If I dont find out any information ima just port match it.

I also noticed that the injector bung isnt tapered where it meets the adapter thus causing a sharp edge and to me a interuption of it potentially not allowing good atomization. I will prob port match this too..

I polished all the surfaces tonight just to clean them up and assure a flat surface.

painted the "adapter"

and Here is a 1:1 scale AFI race catch can that I made to test fit it in the location I need it. This is just so I dont dirty a product that I cant use or waste money in shipping it to me lol. Stay tuned for more!

9"x5"x5"

JDMpower5950

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Okay, so I checked the catch can that I made and with the EF being so small, there was no where it could possibly fit. Im working on getting a custom one built. I started fabbing a templet but will finish it tomorrow while im at work.

I test fitted the ITB's on, they look amazing! I am pretty pleased with them...I sent the air horns the fuel rail and valve cover off to powder coating. Thanks to Cape Customs in Cape coral FL for quality work and great prices! It should be mid next week when I get those back.

I ordered all the parts to finish my brakes, all the fittings for my catch can, the fittings for a custom radiator setup im doing, I paid for my nitrous kit, and the body filler and supplys that had to be shipped to me. Stay tuned for more updates soon!