Gas Tank

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey i Drive the 92 Civic VX Hatch.............does anyone know how big my gas tank is?????? I didnt see it listed on the specs

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think all civic tanks are 11.9 gallons........ i know the coupe one is for sure, but i believe they all are

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i believe its about 10 gallons for the cx and vx and 11.9 for the rest

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya i think caddy is right, i thought it was 10 gallon i just wasnt sure......
but thanks for the help :wink:

Eg6xCiViC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a 92 VX had a 11.9 gallon tank then from 93-95 they had it at 10.0 gallons:lol: dont know why..STUPID HONDA!

thetjkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does anyone know if you can switch the 10 gallon tank with an 11.9? i have a gas leak on my 10 gallon tank and the 11.9 is much easier to find a new one of. any help would be great

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
isnt there some putty s**t you can buy to plug the hole?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah you can use that stuff but it might or might not work..

TenzoMonk

Lick your back on it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
true... try some JB Weld or something first. if that doesn't fix it, then swap out the gas tank. btw... why is it so hard to find a 5th gen gas tank?

try http://www.car-part.com and search your area... you should be able to find something.

thetjkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not hard to find a 5th gen gastank, its hard to find a vx or cx gastank... these are smaller than the dx, si, hatch gas tanks... most places will carry the 11.9 gallon tank and none of the 9.9 tank for the vx which i need. i just need to know if it will strap right in there or not.